Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground please open up

Ground please open up

and swallow me! Made a complete idiot of myself today - won't go into details but lets just say I'm not in the running for employee of the month
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh no! What happened? I have certainly had days like those here, sometimes I do such stupid things before I can stop myself.

You know when something small and really unimportant is the final straw? well, I had one of those.............lucky for me my work colleagues have been through everything else leading up to today's "explosion" and are just letting it go........culmination of losing my Dad, watching him and Mum battle Parkinsons, brother's marriage falling apart and PMT!

That sounds like it would be hard to deal with. I hope that you have a better next week! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Steph and Jes

Well, with everything that's is going on, they probably understand that you are having a rough time. I completely understand what you mean by something stupid being the last straw. I could tell you stories...yikes!

I am sure your workmates are taking all the things you have been dealing with into consideration!

If they are caring friendly people they WILL understand!

I find that sometimes I am MORTIFIED by something stupid I have done or said, and other people have forgotten a LOT sooner then I have.

At least you have us here to give you loads of ((((HUGS)))) and listen to your troubles!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    I
    At least you have us here to give you loads of ((((HUGS)))) and listen to your troubles!

thank you - that means so much to me

*hugs!*

Been there, done that! I've felt like a real doofus at work sometimes but we are all human and sometimes spit happens right?

I'm glad your coworkers are being understanding. Nothing makes you feel worse than when the coworkers aren't on your side!!

My co-workers are always laughing at me, because I am always doing something stupid...Ok, an older one that I still get picked on for. There's me and one other girl in the office (Kristen - my name's Jen), we take turns answering the phone. We had some wine with lunch (that's my excuse anyway...) and when I answered the phone shortly after I said '*company name* this is Kristen.' I don't know what I was thinking. She just looked at me and laughed...lets see, I'll think of some others to tell you.

You lot are lovely! Its just gone 9 here in the UK and I'm going to give today up as a bad job and cuddle up with Tobey. Thank you all for cheering me up this evening xxx

Better day today - felt less inclined to ride on the London underground (sorry, poor taste?? )

LOL glad to hear that you are doing better today. Just put yesterday completely behind you!

Glad today has been working out a bit better for you. Hope it continues!

I predict that today will be a wonderful day for you. You see, it is someone elses turn today to do something they regret............you only get these chances once in a while!

I predict that today will be a wonderful day for you
    You were right too! Had lunch with my Mum who said it was nice to be able to spend some time with me as (in her words) "the story of your life has been me running round after your brother while the one who causes less problems gets left behind". I know I'm 40 and its a bit silly but I did feel so much better that she'd acknowledged it at last!!!