Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going to the dentist :(

going to the dentist :(

i have a dentist app't tonight, I need to have a crown put in soon. Bleah
    anybody else fear the dentist?
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Yup!!! But before you know it, it will be all over!! I've had a crown put in before and you won't feel a thing. The injection of novacaine is the worst part; but just a pinch! Try to think of how good you'll feel when it's all over. My dentist is terrific. He has a TV and VCR player, with a library of tapes, in all his exam rooms! And, stereo headphones with a cassete and CD player if you'd rather! It helps a lot to distract you. I'll be thinking about you! Let us know you're ok when it's all over! You're not alone!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

oh i am not getting the crown tonight thank the gawds lolol. And i have had some many dental needles i almost don't notice them. It's the sounds of the dental work that freaks me out!!

OH HOW I HATE THE DENTIST!!!!.... I have an appt Dec. 5 to have my wisdom teeth cut out.... and have two other teeth coming out ... I guess at the same time... I have to go the 20 to see what exactly they will be doing the 5th.... and *whines* I don't wanna go... but I will be SOOOOOOOO glad when it is over with.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Sara you POOR thing! my experience with that made me afraid of dentists! my suggestion to you is, get drugs and LOTS OF THEM! no need to be a hero! are yours all grown in or impacted? i had four, all impacted *shudder*

I have always thought dentists should have really intricate mosiac murals on their ceilings - to keep you distracted from everything else!

Don't fear the dentist - NOT going is far more painful in the long run!

you got that right Karen! the longer you wait, the worse it is in the end!

I don't mind going to the dentist. It doesn't bother me. I have actually fallen sound asleep in the chair, waiting for the novacaine to kick in.

Now other kinds of doctors I do really hate going to .... the OB/GYN for example. Bluuuuhhhhkkkkkkk.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

OBGYN EEEEEWWWWW that's the worst!! blech yuck patooie! altho waiting in her waiting room for TWO HOURS was definitely the worst part! >

I don't really mind the dentist.. I just hate how toothpaste commercials are always like "that fresh from the dentist feeling" because when I leave the dentist my mouth feels like it's full of sand. I can't rinse either, because of the fluoride. It's so misleading

originally posted by Noimlynn
    I just hate how toothpaste commercials are always like "that fresh from the dentist feeling" because when I leave the dentist my mouth feels like it's full of sand. I can't rinse either, because of the fluoride. It's so misleading
    *LOL*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Not a fan of going to the dentist either. I had my wisdom teeth out earlier this year. Painful, but I'm glad it's over with now. I rather enjoy the gas they give you. I want my own personal supply at home. I don't want any more pain killers from them though. Whatever they gave me for the wisdom teeth made me really sick and throw up......throwing up is *not* a good thing when you have stitches in the back of your mouth....

I was SO GLAD I didn't throw up. I was put to sleep for my surgery, and I had Percocet (sp????) for the pain. It didn't take the pain away, but after popping one of those I didn't really care if I was in pain or not!!! If I took one I needed a good four hours to sleep it off.

After the surgery I felt pretty sick to my stomach, and I was afraid I might throw up but I didn't. They gave me some gravol through IV. I had swallowed blood, so after I ate I was fine. I also had to take antibiotics as a preventative thing (because I'm diabetic) and the dose the surgeon had me on made me sick, so I just lowered it and it was all good!

I HATE the Dentist! I hate having the needle to freeze your mouth!

YES!!!! Well, more so of what they'll do, but I hate it there :[

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)