Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crazy cats

crazy cats

Yesterday (2/19), my furkids were running around crazy, both indoors and outdoors, tearing things up, knocking (pushing) things off the shelves and squabbling with each other. Some of them went far afield in exploration. The only way I could get them together was feed 'em, and then I kept 'em indoors. Did any others out there experience the same behavior yesterday?

..........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 02-21-2002 at 09:41 AM.

Former User Guest
    Yes, but not only yesterday, but every day

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Mine never do such a thing (lucky me), but my previous kitties would. They would simply get out of control every once in a while, being completely nuts for a few hours and than returned to be as if nothing happened.

I once read, that this is a behaviour normally found by indoor cats (mine were indoor) only because they don't do much exloring of the outside world. I don't know if that's the reason. My in/outdoor cats don't do this, so it might be true...

Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
    Yes, but not only yesterday, but every day
    LOL LOL
    Not OUR Casper and Kitty??? I can't imagine....

hehehehehe
    Actually, my cats only exhibit this kind of behavior during their RCO's.... Luckily...that's not very often!

Oh yes, Noah and Noel tend to do that at 6:00 in the morning and then again around 7 or 8 at night. Sillies!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    I don't mind their running, I always stop watching them, and I can see they are having the time of their lives. I can't imagine what goes on in their heads while chasing each other, but whatever it s, it must be fun. It's also a good way to keep them in shape And since they do it before going to bed, they are always pretty worn out

Niina,

Totally, they look like they are having the time of thier lives....arching their backs, playing with each other.

Do C & K wrestle with each other?

Former User Guest
    OH YES!! I just made a cute movie during the weekend them wrestling, too bad I can't post it here but hopefully my husband will update the homepage pretty soon....

When Cassy and Sassy were tiny kittens, they'd be extraordinarily hyper (instead of their usual general run-of-the-mill hyper ) just before a storm and on really windy days. Now that he's a mature 31 month-old, Cassy's somewhat mellower...

What was your weather like yesterday?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Former User Guest
    Ours or Wayne's? Rainy day here yesterday, just like today

Uhm, I was thinking of Wayne, specifically. Have you noticed whether Kitty and/or Casper are affected by weather? Is it any different now that they are older?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Niina,

Isn't it FUN saying "husband"?? I am finally just saying it without giggling!!

The weather doesn't really effect Noah or Noel. Unless there's an earthquake or really strong wind....then they retreat to under the bed.

Former User Guest
    Kelly, yes it is so much fun saying husband! I love that! And my husband Still feels a bit unreal every now and then, but we really ARE married! WOW!

AmberLee, I've noticed that if it is rainy, they tend to be more playful, and when it's sunny, they prefer to lay on the window sill, sunbathing what a tough life they have

We had a very tiny earthquake just before Christmas and I was slightly disappointed that the fur-babies slept through it. I'd heard so much about the magnificent sensing capabilities of animals that I'd rather expected them to get in a doorway or climb into a hardhat or something.

Oooh, that's it! Their magnificent senses told them the trembler was so tiny that they could just sleep through it ... (Sorry, getting weird here.)

We had our last earthquake a few weeks ago, and the cats went crazy. They looked as us really afraid and then ran around. Poor things...its didn't help to have my husband doing the same thing!!