Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone show their dogs??

Does anyone show their dogs??

Does anyone show their dogs??? My grandma does and it's really fun to listen to which dog got what place. It's cool to go and be around all of those dogs!

Thanks For my Beautiful Sig. Fiachra!

I wish i could show Lou Dog but in the contract i have from the breeder- he's strictly a pet. We take agility classes anyway though because he has so much fun and does so well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Welcome to where time stands still, no one leaves and no one will"

If I could decide I don't think I would like to show Mickey but I do like to watch the shows sometimes. We also signed a contract with Mickey's breeder, swearing we wouldn't show him or breed him. (that way he could get neuteured)

CJ7 - That picture is great!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Kai's breeder said he's not for breeding but to not neuter him..HA! yeah right. I'd love to show one day but currently, I don't.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

no showing here, dont agree with it. happy and blair have show dogs in there bloodlines, but neither are show quility, happy has show dogs sort of in her blood, her sir is from peachy keens and barbie collie kennel, although his mom is strictly a farm dog. and blair has several show champs in his blood line heck he has the #1 pyrshep in canada of all time, in his pedigree kind of, that dogs sire La Brise Cotton-tail Rabbit is in blairs pedigree. but we are under contract of cant neuter him, he is not show quaility but he is preformace quality. which means when he is older we will have to come up with a way to keep misty(intact) away from blair or blair away from misty!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Why don't you just spay Misty?

Did you guys know that you can show your purebred dog in obedeience even if he's neutured. Have any of you people out there with hyper dogs ever thought of joining a club and doing flyball??? It's so much fun to go to the matches!

Re: Does anyone show their dogs??

Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
    Does anyone show their dogs??? My grandma does and it's really fun to listen to which dog got what place. It's cool to go and be around all of those dogs!
    I don't show in conformation because I don't have any dogs that I could show in conformation. (Both my dogs have disqualifying faults, and therefore are spayed and neutered).
    I do however show in obedience which is a lot of fun! Both of my dogs have their novice obedience titles, and one day when I stop being lazy, I'll get on with their advanced training.

misty is also not to be fixed she is a breeding dog
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

I don't show in conformation because I don't have any dogs that I could show in conformation. (Both my dogs have disqualifying faults, and therefore are spayed and neutered).

Exactly! That's what I was trying to tell them! That their dogs don't HAVE to be breeding dogs, they can be spayed or neutured and you can still show them in obedience! It's so much fun!
    Also Flyball, does anyone do flyball?

I do flyball :P our club is the home of the fastest team in the region!
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

cool! Let me guess, you race the three black ones with the ears sticking up and maybe the other black one too with the ears down. They look like fast dogs.

Originally posted by cali
    misty is also not to be fixed she is a breeding dog
    Are you going to breed her?

I have shown Prince at the fair and stuff, but just for fun. He likes to stand pretty for the judges.

CJ7- I LOVE that picture! It's great! When are we going to get to see some more?

lol nope, the one on the middle with the frisbee's races(fastest) the little black one with prick ears races and the black and white one with the huge prick ears in the top right races

dogz, assuming she passes all necciasary health testing etc.. really well then yes I am breeding her, that wont be till she is at least 2 though
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: