Thread: Update On Storm

Update On Storm

Hi everyone. I thought I'd update you on Storm. I received his urinalysis results this morning and he's back to normal again. His urine was a bit concentrated though so my vet would like him to remain on the Royal Canin Urinary S/O diet instead of the Hills Prescription C/D diet. The Royal Canin wet food has a much higher moisture content than the Hills does and his previous normal urinalysis showed that his urine was much less concentrated when he was on the Royal Canin diet.

The diet change wouldn't have happened if my regular vet had been in town. She was out of the country on vacation when Storm had his problems. She would have also done a culture to make sure he really had a UTI. She seemed kind of upset about how the other vet handled Storm's situation. I trust her and she seems like the type that doesn't want to do anything that isn't necessary unlike some vets. She did recommend that he get regular 6 month urinalysis check ups so we can monitor him. Hopefully now that Storm is stress free again, he'll remain a happy healthy boy.

Glad to hear that his report is basically normal and that he's stress-free. Let's hope he continues to improve. And maybe your stress level can go down. *wry grin*
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

It is good that he has no UTI or crystals. Seems he needs to drink more. (clam juice? )

It's good to hear that Storm is feeling better.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I'm glad to hear that Storm is more or less back to normal, and free of any stress.

Fister is sending headbumpies, and please give him scritchies from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It is so good to hear that Storm is better, and that he is less stressed. Good boy Storm!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm glad to hear Storm is better. Since Tigris' problems I put a teaspoon full of warm water in the food bowl with the food. This little bit of additional drinking has really improved the peeing- big biscuits (and more cat litter )

Originally posted by Barbara
    I'm glad to hear Storm is better. Since Tigris' problems I put a teaspoon full of warm water in the food bowl with the food. This little bit of additional drinking has really improved the peeing- big biscuits (and more cat litter )
    Thanks for the great idea Barbara. Since Storm likes his food cold, I tried putting a little bit of cold water mixed in with his wet and dry food mixture. He loved it and even licked the bowl clean. I then tried it with Sunny's and Sky's food and they also loved it. Why didn't I think of doing this sooner. Now they should all be peeing like crazy. LOL

I'm glad Storm is doing better!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

ah great to know new ideas. keep storming, storm! please please let this, positive notes continue...
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..