Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creamsicle is going back to the vet *Update* 4/24

Creamsicle is going back to the vet *Update* 4/24

I can't find my original thread, too stressed on a Mon. morning, I guess. But my Cgirl is losing hair by the plug. If I pet her, my hand is covered w/hair. My appt. isn't til this evening after work, so I have to hustle to get a lot done today. I'll post this evening. Please send your prayers for my little deaf girl. She gets so scared when she goes to the vet.

I spoke to Dr. Lee this morning and he said that he wants to wait a week to see how she's doing before he does anything else, such as the biopsy. He's concerned that she could possibly have cutaneous lymphoma. He's not an alarmist but he wants me to be prepared. He did say, though, that she doesn't have little nodules but only the crusts on her skin, which may mean that she only has the skin condition. Also, because she's my only cat who hasn't been spayed, there's a possibility that it's endocrine. So....I wait a week, if she's improving, he'll do a biopsy either way but once the skin is cleared up, she's getting spayed. She was scheduled for spaying last week but when I noticed the bumps, I cancelled it. Good thing; she could've gotten an even worse infection. But he assured me that her blood work is normal and she can safely be spayed. I should've done it long ago. I was just so afraid w/her being a vestibular hypoplasia girl and deaf, too. So that's the news.
    Last edited by Medusa; 04-24-2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: *Update*
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Aww, Creamsicle will be in my thoughts today Mary. Poor little girl doesn't need to be sick. (of course none of our furbabies need to be sick, right?)
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Creamsicle is going back to the vet

Oh no Mary that is just so horrible.. I wonder if this baby is just so stressed & thats why her hair is coming out?? Poor wittle one.. Good Luck at the vets.. Me & the girls sending Lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I know Craftlady had Thumper on a type of herbal rescue remedy when Thumper was losing fur...

I hope something can be done for her!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I know Craftlady had Thumper on a type of herbal rescue remedy when Thumper was losing fur...

I hope something can be done for her!

Her remedy was for over grooming that resulted in hair loss not quite the same as what Creamsicle is experiencing.

Will kept good thoughts and prayers for this evenings appointment.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

We are sending prayers and well wishes from Indiana! We are thinking of Creamsicle, and hoping that the vet can find the treatement for her that will help her keep her hair!

I am so sorry you are going through this Mary. I can understand your stress!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Oh, poor Creamsicle! Healing thoughts are headed her way.

Update

My Cgirl as dermatophilus for sure. It's a bacterial infection of the hair follicles usually found in horses! (I do not know.) He said it's the worst case in cats that he's ever seen. (Just once, could a vet say "Aw, it's just a little cold." No, I always hear words like "worst case I've ever seen", "treatments for life", "chronic renal failure", "vestibular hypoplasia", "biopsy". Sigh.) He did blood work and I'll know the results tomorrow. He also gave her an injection of an anti-inflammatory which he said would definitely help her feel better. He said she just has to be miserable right now. Her hair is coming out like a paint brush. He also suspects pemphigus, which is crusty black scabs, one of which is a big nasty one on her mouth. She has them on the bottoms of her feet, too, and inside her ears. He's probably going to do a biopsy on her but for now he gave me shampoo to bathe her with at least twice a week. He said that will also help her to feel better and a lot of the scabs will come off. He also said that she'll probably look pretty bad for a while because she'll continue to lose some hair until the antibiotic really starts to work. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes up to a month or more before that happens.

I asked him if I'm doing something wrong because I'm fastidious about my house; I vacuum and dust every day, clean the litterboxes a minimum of twice a day, I groom them and clip their claws regularly. He said "No, I'm sure you're doing what you should and that you're clean. Her immune system is compromised and unless she's hanging out in the litterbox 24/7, she's susceptible to things like this." He also said that it could be triggered by a food allergy. I have just recently started giving my furkids Fancy Feast gourmet but just a tad. But Cgirl is my finicky one and she won't eat anything other than what she's used to, which is Purina Cat Chow, period. No treats either. But I've stopped feeding them the Fancy Feast because they're just not used to wet food and it messes w/their stomachs.

So...I thought I might get a break tonight but I guess I'm going to be giving Cgirl a bath. That's if I can get her out of the carrier. She hasn't come out yet. I think she's mad at me. Sweet thing didn't make a sound when they took blood and gave her the shot. I think I'll have her sleep w/me tonight. Well, I started off my day at the BMV waiting for my tags, then finished up at the vet. Yahoo.

Thanx for the good thoughts, friends. I'll update when I get the results of the bloodwork and if/when Dr. Lee wants to schedule a biopsy to be sure she has pemphigus. Either way, he said that thing on her lip has to come off. She could get more around her eyes, too. Great.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh my... Good luck with the baths, I hope the medications etc will help her feel better.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Oh my god, Mary, it's just one thing after another.. Poor little Creamsicle! This must be miserable for her. I hope she is feeling a bit better by now after the anti-inflammatory shot. And I hope the lab results will point to a remedy.

The kitties and I are all saying our prayers and crossing our fingers and and toes and paw pads and sending thoughts and good wishes of healing energies to Creamsicle.. all being delivered straight to her by Priscilla Angel.

Love, Hugs, and Purrs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We are sending out prayers for Dear Creamsicle that the White Coats can help her.
    Its so frustrating when our Companions are not well and we dont know why, and what we can do to make them better again.
    Best of Luck at your Vets!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, I just finished bathing Cgirl and, I must say, it's the easiest thing I've ever done w/my cats. She sat as still as a statue. It's a medicated shampoo, so it should make her feel even better. You should see the sink. It's absolutely loaded w/hair. Sweet, sweet girl. Thanx again, everyone, and you, too, Priscilla angel.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Dear Creamsicle, hair's not all it's cracked up to be. Is what my RB ferret Sebastian would tell you. He lost most of his before I had to send him to the Bridge. Besides, it's coming to summer time so you'll be much cooler! I pray that the meds can make you feel more comfortable until you are able to beat this nasty thing and regrow your beautiful coat before fall arrives. I'd send you a gentle hug but I'm not sure your skin is up for it so how about a wee kiss on the forehead. Be well sweetie pie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I posted this in the wrong place this morning. Sorry. Having another blonde day.

I spoke to Dr. Lee this morning and he said that he wants to wait a week to see how she's doing before he does anything else, such as the biopsy. He's concerned that she could possibly have cutaneous lymphoma. He's not an alarmist but he wants me to be prepared. He did say, though, that she doesn't have little nodules but only the crusts on her skin, which may mean that she only has the skin condition. Also, because she's my only cat who hasn't been spayed, there's a possibility that it's endocrine. So....I wait a week, if she's improving, he'll do a biopsy either way but once the skin is cleared up, she's getting spayed. She was scheduled for spaying last week but when I noticed the bumps, I cancelled it. Good thing; she could've gotten an even worse infection. But he assured me that her blood work is normal and she can safely be spayed. I should've done it long ago. I was just so afraid w/her being a vestibular hypoplasia girl and deaf, too. So that's the news.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Nasty as the skin infection is, I hope that's all it is and that Creamsicle recovers quickly. Poor sweet girl!