Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATE* Temporary foster(s) needed in Oregon.

*UPDATE* Temporary foster(s) needed in Oregon.

Hello, I'm moving on Saturday, and need somewhere for my cats to go. My original plans had fallen through, and I am going to need somewhere for Abby and Angel to go for a month while I get my new house arranged. Abby is a neutered male, and Angel is a spayed female. I could provide you with some money, as well as their food and litter.

If anything, is there anyone out there who could at least hold onto them for a week until I can get them down to Eastern Oregon to my moms?

I am currently in Corvallis, and am willing to travel within reason to get them to you. I will only let them go to a good home, and would like to inspect the kind of arrangements being made for them.

Please reply or send an email to: [email protected]

Thanks!

Dionne

Here is Abby:

Here is Angel:

And both of them in the sun!
    Last edited by dionne; 06-29-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: update

Just a thought - does your vet do boarding at all? Sometimes the rates are quite reasonable.

I hope some other ideas come up here!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The vet does do boarding, but even at 10$ dollars a day, I can't afford it.

Where in Oregon do you live?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Corvallis. Between Portland and Eugene, close to Salem.

I am asking my sister, she lives in Albany. But I'm not sure if she has a limit on how many cats she can have in her apartment. Albany is only a little over 10 miles from you, right?
    My sister is not answering my texts at the moment. I will let you know what she says.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That would be so amazingly awesome of you. I would really appreciate it!!

Well, I hope I didn't get your hopes up (I had to pick up the phone and call her!), but she said she can't. Her apartment is too small and she worries about how her two cats would react to "strangers". She also said she'd not want to give them back. LOL But if she had a bigger place where she could separate them she would do it in a heartbeat. She also just told me she isn't supposed to have more than two cats in her apartment.
    I'm sorry. I hope you find someone.

No worries, it's alright, I really don't want to impede on anyone or their animals. thanks for asking for me though.

I wish I could but I live in PA. I hope you find someone.

Dionne - the place you are moving out of...is someone else moving in right away?

If not, I wonder if a student or friend would house and cat-sit for you for a week or so.

Or...a long shot...if someone is moving in right away...do they love kitties and would hang on to them for a week?

One more thought (that's all I can offer as I am in Canada) - if you know of a small moving company that might take them in their carriers even to your mom's place, that might be an option. There are cat lovers in all professions.

Hope you find a way!

I am actually moving out of the place I live currently Saturday, and am going to be temporarily staying somewhere else (where I can't have Angel and Abby), for the month that my move goes through.

As far as shipping companies, I wouldn't have the first idea where to look in terms of who I could trust to get my cats there safely (it's only about 300 miles). I've heard so mant horror stories about cats & shipping cats...

Anyone have any suggestions on *trustworthy* shipping places and rates etc?

We Wish That We Were Closer Asthe Found Paradise Hotel Would Be Yours No Charge For As Long As You Needed It. We Are Praying That Someone Can Help You Out.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How about asking your vet and/or Humane Society about companies that transport pets?

I don't know how big your town is - and it's Friday - but a note on a few bulletin boards???

Are there people moving in right after you leave? I know it is a long shot...but I wonder if they are cat people and would lend a hand, to at least give you a few days to find someone else.

If there are pet stores and groomers in your area, ask them too, about a place for your cats to stay. They know their customers!

Update

Good news!

My sister has agreed to take them up to Pendleton (Oregon) to my mom's.
    Apparently, she still wants me to look for someone to hang onto them for at least a week so we don't have to drive the 300 miles there and back in the same day, as tomorrow is our *complete* moving day.

So hopefully, I can find someone to do that, but if not, she's still agreed to take them up on Saturday.