Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March of the Penguins

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

March of the Penguins

Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it yesterday and loved it. It's the first time I've been to the movie in a long time, where every seat was filled.

I learned a lot. I never knew that the Emperior Penguins march 70 miles inland and mate. Then, after the female lays the egg, she turns around and marches 70 miles back to the sea to eat. While she's gone, the male keeps the egg from freezing until it hatches. Then, the female returns and takes over feeding the baby. The fathers march back to the sea to finally get a meal (after over 100 days without eating!). Who knew?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've known about the march, but, haven't seen the film. My parents went, though, and, my mother loved it. I want to see it while it's in the theater, for sure. I'll probably go by myself. It looks wonderful. I also want to see Winged Migration (I think that's what it is called). It's another documentary, but, it's about birds of flight. I can't remember if it's about a specific kind of bird, but, I think (from what I remember the title being) it's about migratory birds. Looks absolutely beautiful, but, I've never gotten around to renting it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by finn's mom
    I've known about the march, but, haven't seen the film. My parents went, though, and, my mother loved it. I want to see it while it's in the theater, for sure. I'll probably go by myself. It looks wonderful. I also want to see Winged Migration (I think that's what it is called). It's another documentary, but, it's about birds of flight. I can't remember if it's about a specific kind of bird, but, I think (from what I remember the title being) it's about migratory birds. Looks absolutely beautiful, but, I've never gotten around to renting it.

I want to see March of the Penguins it looks really good. Kari, i believe the other movie you are talking about is about the geese migrating.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Originally posted by Jadapit
    I want to see March of the Penguins it looks really good. Kari, i believe the other movie you are talking about is about the geese migrating.
    Yeah, I knew there were geese, but, I thought there were other birds, too. Either way, I've heard it's stunning!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

It looks cute! But I don't know if I'd want to see it
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Originally posted by luvofallhorses
    It looks cute! But I don't know if I'd want to see it
    Why not? I'm not trying to be ugly, but, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to see it....

This is one that I would like to see, too. We watched a report about it yesterday morning on CBS Sunday Morning and both Scott and I thought we would like to see it.

I'm glad you gave a good review!

Logan

Why not? I'm not trying to be ugly, but, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to see it....
    I was joking

Originally posted by luvofallhorses
    I was joking
    Ok, sorry I totally didn't pick up that you were joking. I thought you might be like a friend of mine who won't see it because she hates to cry in public.

Ok, sorry I totally didn't pick up that you were joking. I thought you might be like a friend of mine who won't see it because she hates to cry in public.
    LOL! I could be

The March Of The Penguins look like a good film to watch I think I might watch it, it sounds interesting.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

I definetly want to see March of the Penguins. It's been out for a month but only a limited release. Just last week, it was released nation wide. I can't wait. I love the music. I want to buy the sound track.

I saw Winged Migration at the movies and it was beautiful. I wished I was a bird after I saw it. Luckily, I saw it at the theater so I was able to enjoy the big screen version and got the feeling of flying. Not sure how the little screen version will be.

Saw March of the Penguins this past weekend. It was very good. I would highly recommend it. The baby penguins were so cute! I want one!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I watched it last night on DVD. I'm glad I didn't see it in a theatre as I was eeping very loudly over the all cuteness - the baby chicks were SO CUTE! Also the DVD had extras that showed how they filmed the movie and what global warming is doing to the Emperor Penguins' natural habitat and species.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has a penguin exhibit and now I really want to go see it. Probably during my Chrismas vacation.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

just bought the DVD haven't had time to watch it yet hopefully later.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel