Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I found Out that I am going to have periodic Animal Control Visits

I found Out that I am going to have periodic Animal Control Visits

For the forseable future.
    This is despite taht fact that all Cats are neutered or spayed, have the blessings of My Vet, and Animal Welfare, and they are going to be cared for after my passing.
    I dont like the idea that I have to be on guard for suprise visits.
    Am I right?
    Advice please.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It doesn't seem right that you should have to put up with surprise visits after you have already been checked out and approved. Sorry I can't really offer advice as our laws are probably different to yours. Your cats are obviously well cared for and loved, you would think these people would spend their time and money going after the ones who don't look after their animals.

I wouldn't like it either. I guess the best way to look at it is all is well at your place so let them drop in whenever they please! It's all so aggravating though.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Gary, I'm sorry that you have to go through this. At least you have support from your vet and animal welfare.

I'd contact the mayor's office, and find out if you have any recourse.

I'm sorry to hear that. But Gary, don't worry! Seriously! You have nothing to hide, you know your cats are well cared for and of the best health, so what will they find upon a surprise inspection that they didn't find on the last one? Nothing but loved and perfectly healthy cats.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I wouldn't like it either. But, it could be something they agreed to do temporarily to get that woman off their back. I'm not sure what options you have. I guess I would kill them with kindness. They will quickly see that YOU are not the problem. Are there any Merry Maids (house cleaning services) in Hamilton? I have no idea how expensive it is, but if you're worried about keeping up with the house cleaning, maybe they could come in once a month and do some cleaning. That would sure leave a good impression. If not Merry Maids, I found: http://www.koidlkleenhomes.ca/services.html and http://www.careoncallhomecare.com/
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Be sure you have plenty of treats for your visitors to give your cats and even have some on hand for you to offer them.

I wouldn't like that either Gary, having someone coming by to drop in to "check on things" to make sure my kitties are well taken care of. Your vet comes by there and so does your friends from the animal welfare (don't they?) so WHAT IS THE %#&%@&^! PROBLEM!!!!!?? As long as they are HEALTHY, well FED, get vet care, have clean boxes to potty in and a warm place to sleep... Those people need to get a life!

Be kind to your guests, bore them to death with constant bragging about your wonderful kitties from the minute they walk in until they leave, in fact have them wait as they are leaving for you to tell them that one last cute L-O-N-G story that they just have to hear... I bet as a true PT'er pet owner, you have a rather large suppy of cat stories, enough to keep them there for hours.. I'd act all excited that I had a new audience to hear all about my WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL babies and be ready to tell the stories all day....

If they are dressed really nice, cover them with cat hair, handing them one cat after the other to pet..... They might not be so quick to come back if you keep them there for hours and send them off covered in cat hair.. In fact, even off them your cats favorite chair to sit in .. (cat hair on their butt, they'll never know!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Would letters from us help if we flood the office of the people doing the checking.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

10. When we adopted Edwina from the shelter we had to agree that they could make a surprise home visit at any time.

They have so many animals to worry about....I'd accept them but not expect them.....

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I'm sorry to hear that. But Gary, don't worry! Seriously! You have nothing to hide, you know your cats are well cared for and of the best health, so what will they find upon a surprise inspection that they didn't find on the last one? Nothing but loved and perfectly healthy cats.
    This was my first reaction too, Gary. Let them come. They will soon find that they are wasting their time and will leave you alone. It might be inconvenient for awhile, but like I say, they will soon see there is nothing here for them to worry about and then they will leave you alone for good. You're doing everything right and there are others out there to vouch for you, so welcome them in and show them the doting catdad you are.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I guess the best thing is to grin and bear it. If they show up at your door unannounced then they will do the same thing to those whacko "collectors" who just gather up animals but don't take care of them.
    Randy

I don't think that is fear. I would contact the city or something. There has got to be something you can do. Good luck.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

No I wouldn't like it, but I would accept it. Animal Welfare people see some horrific situations. They have to check up on homes where people keep taking in animals that they are not able to care for. Quite clearly, your home does not fall into this category. You also have the support of your vet. If they visit at all, I would not expect those visits to be frequent.

Sorry to hear that Gary, I can't really offer any advice as I have never been in that situation. However would you be able to contact a local MP? (Member of parliament, I'm not sure of the local politics where you live) and say that you feel you're being harrassed?
    Though obviously you have nothing to worry about, they live in clean conditions, are well fed and well looked after. I think they'll give up after a while after one or two visits, even if they do that many.
    Although it may be official that they have to visit you, they may not and it could just be going through the motions and mandatory regulations to inform you of visits. Fingers crossed