Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Christmas Surprise for Dottie!

A Christmas Surprise for Dottie!

Some of you will think I have lost my mind, but this actually has been a wonderful decision already!

I know I have mentioned before that Dottie (Cavalier) is a bit of a "cry baby" when it comes to well, most anything! You look at her a little strongly and she'll yelp! As much as she loves Coco and Henna (chocolate lab puppy) she is constanly having to defend herself. We got Henna really to be a buddy for Dottie when she was still small, but more so to be a larger buddy for Coco! Coco and Henna will be comparable in size eventually with Henna probably slightly passing Coco. Coco is the one who has been a bit aggressive with all of the others. She is very food and toy aggressive. Henna handles it much better than little Dottie and once she equals or passes Coco in size, then it will be even more neutral!

Henna has already about passed Dottie and being a strong and rambunctious little pup, she tramples all over Dottie! They love eachother, but Dottie quickly gets enough of the "aboose" and seeks refuge from Henna!

Sooooooooo, to get to the point, I decided that Dottie needed a buddy who would be equal or less to her in size. It was far time that SHE has a bit of control over her territory. Being the sweet girl that she is, she would never hurt another pup, but it will be great for her to have some confidence in herself now.

Anyway, I'd like to (finally) introduce our new Chihuahua baby girl! She is 6.5 weeks old and absolutely teeny weeny! Dottie and Gretta (Doxie) both absolutely are thrilled with her! She like a live toy for them! It has been a wonderful addition and now everyone has a size appropriate buddy here! It is Coco and Henna, Gretta and AnnaBelle, and now Dottie and Betina!

Here is little Betina:

She is a real cuddle baby:

She has bonded with this elephant stuffy!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

*** GIANT SQUEALS*** OMGosh...OMGosh...OMGosh!!!!!!! She is adorable!! I am so in love (so is Chopper *wink wink*). What a little doll. You better keep a close eye on her or I am coming to your house to "borrow" her. I so want another one...see what you started LOL. Please pass out lots and lots of huggies and kissies to that precious little girl. I like her name too. Please keep us posted with lots, I MEAN LOTS, of pictures. This thread just made my day...this is my face
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Uhhhhhhhh Ohhhhh! More Chi cuteness! What a darling doll baby! What did Jenna think?!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oooooohhhhh! What a WONDERFUL Christmas suprise for miss Dottie! Little Betina is just too cute and precious for words! I'm in love! She looks so warm and cuddly! Oh, how I would LOVE to have a little dog...

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Oh my goodnness!! What a little doll baby!!! Too cute!!!

Thank you! Yes, Jenna loves her! She's a perfect size for her! She was amazingly gentle with her too! My little grandaughter is growing up on me!

Well, little Chopper is responsible for my decision to get a Chihuahua! So tell him we said "THANK YOU"!

Oooh, she is sooo cute. I love her tiny little tail and her little white feetsies. Oh, she is precious.

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Some of you will think I have lost my mind . . . .
    Kim, I thought that when I first met you, when I joined PT! lol
    Here is little Betina
    Anyone would lose their mind with this little girl! Oh how sweet, welcome to PT, Betina!

Totally adorable - especially this one . . . . .

OH......MY......GOSH!!!!! Kim, you are killing me! What a precious little girl Betina is (I LOVE that name!) I read Chopper's Merry Christmas thread and saw that you left a huge hint there. I thought to myself....."nah, she wouldn't" but deep inside I think I figured that you would! LOL! I really need to arrange a road trip to Florida via Tennessee and have two sturdy travel bags with me so that I can kidnap Betina and Chopper! Oh I am weak in the knees! Congratulations on you precious widdle girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    OH......MY......GOSH!!!!! Kim, you are killing me! What a precious little girl Betina is (I LOVE that name!) I read Chopper's Merry Christmas thread and saw that you left a huge hint there. I thought to myself....."nah, she wouldn't" but deep inside I think I figured that you would! LOL! I really need to arrange a road trip to Florida via Tennessee and have two sturdy travel bags with me so that I can kidnap Betina and Chopper! Oh I am weak in the knees! Congratulations on you precious widdle girl!!

LOL! Well, this will be the last doggie introduction for a long time for me now! Six is going to have to be our magic number! Everyone has their own special buddy now, so I think we have a good balance! We just took the Christmas tree and decorations down so we can all co-exist with less tension! Now the house is doggie / kitty friendly again!

OH, not only did I need to tell Chopper about Betina, but also our sweet Daisy and Delilah!!! How could I forget you two? Do we have any other Chihuahuas here?

Oh my! I don't know which is cuter! The dog or the teeny sweater she's wearing. Welcome to PT, Betina! You are indeed, a very cute one.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Betina is such a little cutie! What a nice Christmas present for Dottie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

OH MY GOODNESS! Welcome to PT Betina, you are just too cute for words!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She is beyond adorable, Kim!! Welcome Betina!