Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It can be hurtful

It can be hurtful

You know it can be hurtful when you post a board and see how many veiws you have but you have 0 replies, even if you bump it, you don't get replies. I posted a board and I got hundreds of veiws but no replies. I understand that you cannot reply to every board. After a week or so I deleted it. The point is I'm hurt, I know it's not a very good reason, but I am, I think more hurt than I should be. Knowing how many people are here and how many replies we get its some what ridiculous, and hurtful. I think we should inprove by replying when we veiw, and not just one word. I think that would improve the board a lot. I know I'm not the moderator, and sorry Karen and Paul for taking over your job for a bit, just wanted to share this. I know MyLittleMutt feels some what the same as me.

don't feel bad.. some people don't have time to reply because a)they have dial up. b)they don't know what to say, etc.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I can understand that well. But it's just all the veiws and no replies. It hurts, you know?

Like luvofallhorses says some people just don't have time and very good reasons. A major reason some people don't reply to some threads is because 1)they don't want to arrouse arguments if the thread is sad or bad.

BUT, consider the amount of time you've been here and people have gotten to know you.. not even a month! Versus some of us who have been here 3-4 years, some less, some more. Post replies to others, post useful threads, etc.. Get to know everyone and let everyone know you!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    BUT, consider the amount of time you've been here and people have gotten to know you.. not even a month! Versus some of us who have been here 3-4 years, some less, some more. Post replies to others, post useful threads, etc.. Get to know everyone and let everyone know you!
    I agree.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

But I've been here since the beggning of February and I know everyone. But everyone doesn't know me?...

You may think you know everyone but I have been here for half a year and I am still getting to know people that our here for years.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I've seen boards that say 'Where is _______' or 'Have you seen _______', but I was gone for a week or so and did not see even one of those for me. I don't want this to turn into an argument I just wanted everyone to know that I am hurt and will be for a bit.

And I want you to understand that it is NOT personal!

Give it time and become a pillar of PT.

Even after being here for 5 years, I hit my 20,000 mark a month or so ago and did anyone notice?? NOPE... Not even my closest PT friends! People have lives, growing families, and their personal business to tend to. So I've learned not to take it personally, and hopefully you can do the same.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hang in there sweetheart - I know how you feel but can also reassure you that when you most need PTers they are right here for you!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I don't know you that well. You don't post alot or as much about yourself. I used to think it was hurtful when I first joined. Sassy's pictures never got that many replies and now they do. Patience.

I'm going to try that.

I go around the boards looking to see if it says '0' in the replies zone so people don't have the same feelings as me. I wish other people could do the same. I'm trying not to take it personally and in a hour or so the had feelings with be over. Just wanted to share.

Yeah Alyssa that's a very good point, people don't reply very often unless they get to know you.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Hang in there sweetheart - I know how you feel but can also reassure you that when you most need PTers they are right here for you!
    Thank you. Messages like yours really make me feel better.