Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay Adoption?

Gay Adoption?

I was reading through some articles about Gay Adoption, and found out the John McCain doesn't support it. I am not bashing him, but I do not think it's fair to people who are gay or to the children who desperatly need a home and a family. He mentioned he supports 2 parent households. A gay couple counts as a 2 parent household. I know it's messed up but what are your views? Remember this is not a bashing thread.
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

Oh I say go with the flow & accept the signs of the times.. Yes I see your point & as long as the couple in general & or single parent is a Loving one then thats what counts.. Now the bible does not except Gays.. But I have watch on the Health Channel on Gay Adoptions && they are as Loving & willing to give a child a great home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What lvpets said!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Just like everything else, I think it should be decided on a case-by-case basis and not a hard and fast rule. I agree with McCain on some things, but not this one. My brother is a single, gay male. He would make an excellent parent.

My stepson and his partner have been together many years. They have never formally adopted, but have been excellent parents to a young man whose family kicked him out of the house when he came out.

Race, sex and/or sexual preference should not be the determining factor on who can adopt -- or who you vote for for president.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My aunt works at an orphanage, and she sees many gay parents adopt, and they are great parents. I think sexual preference should not come into play while evaluating adoptive parents. I think it's one of those things that he may be against just because he sees it as wrong, even though he can't give any real reasons to why it is wrong.

Niņo & Eliza

Well you remember what happened to Dick Chaney.. He mouthed off about Gays && then had to eat some crow when his daughter said she was gay.. They can be just as Loving as the next person.. What goes on behind closed doors &or open doors should not effect us as a public view.. Can Not Ever Judge A Book By Its Cover..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I think they should focus more on birth control for the kind of parents who neglect and abuse their children, Like Casey Anthony, than on someones sexual preference.

I know that if I was an orphan, I would not care WHO adopted me, as long as we could love each other, and they would provide for my needs. Race/Age/Sexual preference would be the LAST thing on my mind. Having a safe loving home would be what I needed!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My ex-husband's youngest brother was gay, and was one of the kindest, most generous and caring individuals I ever had the pleasure of knowing. He and his partner were loved by everyone that knew them, and they both would have made wonderful parents.

Agree with kt.T loves Kitties post, before getting into race, religion or sex orientations, I also agree that people who abuse and neglect their children shouldn't be allowed to have them.
    There would be less kids who need to be adopted then. We alter our animals to cut down on unwanted population, so what would be the difference with abusive people?

I'd rather see a child with parents who care than a child sitting around waiting to be adopted.

It just doesn't make sense sometimes to eliminate possibly loving, caring parents based on minor criteria.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

As long as two people have a stable,loving home to raise a child, then
    it shouldn't matter. I've always believed the child can never get back the
    time lost waiting to be loved & cared for in a personal way that only a
    committed parent can provide.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The important thing is for children to have loving parents. Or even parent (singular).

To leave a child in foster care simply because a prospective parent is gay, or another race - that is unacceptable.

The one thing that I do agree on is background screening for EVERYONE who wants to adopt.

Make that bacground screening with a free health check up too!

There are instances where a rigorous background check will uncover some details that will prevent any couple from adopting a child into their home.

I don't care if the parents have three heads and 12 legs between them-if they can guarantee the child's safety and well being-have at it.

I promise that if we ever establish a real world PetTalkville there will be no child - or pet of course - who is unwanted or unloved. Things like gender, sexual preference and skin color will have no bearing on who can raise and love a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Things like gender, sexual preference and skin color will have no bearing on who can raise and love a child.
    Does this include a Pomeranian who had an attraction to shoes and any items of clothing left on the floor?

That used to drive me nuts. I sat with a Pom that would go to town on anythig left on the floor, kinda funny at first, then downright disgusting later!