Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Do they make Advantage for hoomins?

Help! Do they make Advantage for hoomins?

Well, here's more fallout from the kitties' visit to the vaccination clinic at my vet: FLEAS. I've dosed them both with Advantage, but now the fleas go after the one remaining warm-blooded creature in the house: ME.

Please, do they make Advantage (or some similar product) for us hoomins?

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

I wish.
    Even when there are cats for them to eat they can't HELP but take a bite out of me! ...At least they don't seem to like the aftertaste, so after the initial bite they poof with me.

Well... actually, I don't know. I hope there is. It would help me a LOT, too!

^Boyfriend^.....^Me!^...............^Clover^...... ........^Echo^

would it be possible to use the same as for the kitties?.... I mean you apply it but do you come in contact with it ?... is it harmless for humans??..... maybe on the label it says something.......
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

This lady once told me she would spray herself with "OFF" and the fleas would not jump on her.

I never tried this yet.

Melissa

The only problem is that we are so much bigger than Our Cats that it would take an awful lot of Advantage to cover us. Usually Fleas dont go after people but if they are hungry they will. And there are Fleas who prefer human blood. I think that you have a lot of vacuuming to do.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Vacuum, lots and lots and lots is number one. Otherwise, OFF and simular products do work. I have used them. My dad uses skin so soft from Avon. He has a real hard time with fleas at his place. They are all over his yard, you cant walk outisde without them jumping on you, so of course they are in the home.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

Ummm.....might be time to fumigate the house...and get the kitties somewhere safe to stay for 24 hrs.

Chances are they are in the rugs by now.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I say start up the oven, make a bunch of roasted garlic and chow down!

Or....you could also try a citrus oil based natural bug repellent. I like the one made by Burt's Bees.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I guess you could just put on a flea collar or dab a little Advantage behind your ears

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Hate to say this but if you have them on you, then they're probably in the carpet and vacuuming won't cut it. You'll probably have to fumigate. My dogs got fleas years ago and my son and I both got them. It was awful! I had to fumigate and take the dogs and leave for several hours. It'd be worth it to do it because you'll be fighting a losing battle otherwise.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Liz, I'm sorry to hear this. I also think that fumigating is your only option since it sounds like they're all over your place. I use advantage year round so this won't happen to me. Good luck.

How much carpeting is in your house? They probably have laid eggs in the carpet by now, and short of fumigating, taking out carpets may be an option.

My sister once bought a house not knowing all the wall-to-wall carpeting was infested with fleas from the previous family. Being has she's my sister, she has extremely sensitive skin, and each flea bite ended up in a red welt a alf-inch in diameter. By the time they realized the problem, I had a polka-dotted sister.

I got a faceful of Advantage one time (boy did it sting!!), but mosquitoes didn't touch me for a month!!

What about over-the-counter flea carpet dusters or flea carpet shampoo? Do those work? I have some but I haven't tried it yet.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

If they are in the carpet, which it sounds like, over-the-counter stuff would be a waste of money.

Get the pros in and have it done once(I think they come back to do the eggs). Shouldn't be that expensive...and will keep the kitties from getting reinfested, let alone Mom!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda