Thread: Cherry Lu...one year has passed...

Cherry Lu...one year has passed...

On August 20, 2004, our little Cherry Lu left her Mama, Daddy and Buzzard Jay in order to go back with her brothers. She was a fighter and never gave up. Our little Luie girl, Rottweiler/Australian Shephard, was adopted by us at a local shelter at six weeks of age. She spent the rest of her life with us, living it to the fullest. She was five days beyond her 13th birthday. Her eyesight, hearing, mind and love for her family and life was all intact when she died...her little legs could take no more. It was the saddest day of our lives. We love her so much, still...we always will.

Cherry lived with arthritis almost her entire life but she was a happy girly girl that always got around and played constantly. Her biggest love in life, other than her family, was traveling to the mountains, rivers and lakes. She LOVED water, especially rivers. She would walk or run in the water with Daddy, up and downstream, watching his every cast. When Daddy had a catch, she was there in an instant, showing Mama what SHE had caught!! She LIVED for vacations as such. Another favorite activity was playing ballie on the hill or stairs; she would throw it down and we would throw it up. She would play this game for hours. The balls had to be latex, nothing else. Daddy would play bombardment...he would throw, at lightning fast speed, 10-15 balls in a row, she would catch and drop every one of them without missing. She also knew the name of every one of her toys and she had a TON!

Cherry Lu
    August 15, 1991 - August 20, 2004
    Loved by all of her brothers.
    Our Beauty, our baby, our defender, our life, our dog.
    Her leaders, her centers of the universe, her loves, her life, her family.
    Faithful and the most true love until the last beat of her heart.
    Our beloved Cherry, worthy of devotion by her family for a lifetime.
    Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

The picture I have attached is of Cherry and Buzzard Jay three days prior to her death. She had three brothers in all...Axle Lee, Ruckus George and Buzzard Jay...Buzz is still with us and has a little Sissy May to fill his days with joy. Buzz and Sissy are both former dog of the day babies.

Cherry Lu is deeply missed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a beautiful tribute to Cherry Lu. I'm sure she knew how
    much she was loved and will live on in your memory forever.

Rest in peace beautiful Cherry Lu.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I volunteered today for an adoptathon and the first puppy that came running to me was a six week old puppy that looked identical to Cherry Lu at that age. What a site to see on this day.

4. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful girl! She seemed like she a wonderful pup! Watch down on your Momma today, ok?

Thats so neat how the puppy you saw today looked just like Cherry Lu, maybe its a sign, maybe she sent you her today for a reason?

I saw it as a sign...she is with me, where ever I go. Of course as soon as I laid eyes on the puppy, I looked at my friend and she at me and I became so teary eyed I could not see. The puppy will be adopted tomorrow.