Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Boys Make Bread?

Do Boys Make Bread?

Don't ask me why. But last night, for some strange reason, it dawned on me that going back to childhood, not ONE of my male kitty's has ever "made bread" All of them have been big lap mushes, kissers, lickers, nudgers and purrring machines. Including my newest baby Oliver. He and Mr. B will snuggle as close as can be and purr away. But nary a biscuit's worth of kneading! Any thoughts??

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Of our four cats, Jackson (male about 11) and Twidgit (female 4 months) are the only ones that make biscuits.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Perhaps they ran out of flour?

I've had 3 boy cats and all have done their share of kneading...as did my girl kitty. Dunno why some do and some don't...but then there are lots of things we'll never know about cats!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

No flour!!! Now there's a thought!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Out of the four kitties we have owned over the years, only one of our boys (and one of our girls) mixed bread.

I love the idea of them running out of flour! LOL

My 7 year old male kitty makes a lot of bread. My 8 month old male kitten does not do it yet, but he is still pretty active and does not sit still long enough.......but who knows in few months.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

In this house, we call it "makin biscuits", and Mimi does it on us! But as for the male thing, I stood in Helen's door this week, as a matter of fact, and watched Butter happily purring and kneading Helen's pillow while she was at school. At least the Butter boy makes his bread!! LOL!
    I failed to say that this was the very first time in 8 months that I had noticed him doing that too! I sure do love that boy.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

When he was much younger Gigio would occasionally do it. My sister's two male cats could own a bakery, if they start they can go on forever They are quite attached to me since they lived with me for a while and I catsit when my sister goes away, so when I go and visit, one of the first things I have to do is sit down and let one of them knead for a few minutes.

The sweetest though is my Prema. Half of one of her front legs is missing but also uses her little stump to make bread. I'm the only one she would do it to

Gio, I love the bakery comment! My two little boys do too.

All four of mine are obsessed with makin' biscuits - they even make biscuits in the air! One boy and three girls. I have only had one other cat, a girl, who made biscuits as furiously as these four, but all have done it to a cerain extent, boys and girls.

My little boy, Whisper, is the only one who will knead bread on a daily basis. If I'm lying in bed, he'll jump up and start kneading my baby blanket. It's the only thing he'll make biscuits on, however, but I believe that's the one object that smells the most like me. His sister, Shadow, kneads every once in a while if she's very much enjoying herself but my orange girl, Callie, has never so much as made one attempt. Could this have something to do with the fact she was taken away from her mom too early?

The only time my boy Meeshe ever made biscuits was in bed one night next to my head on the pillow . . . delightful! I have never seen him do it any other time. He is afraid of any and all loud or unfamiliar noises.

My senior lady Lily has NEVER made bread; I'm sure she must regard it as beneath her dignity, or something . . . and as for noise, she ignores it . . . I have sucked her tail in my vacuum cleaner hose clear up to her rear end and she barely awoke from her slumber. She has that "been there, done that" perspective on just about everything, including the toys I try to entice her to play with.

Both of my cats are so different from each other!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Former User Guest
    Just lately me Casper (the black one on the pic below and I'm male) I've started to "make bread". We have a huge teddy bear with my sister, and whenever I'm on the hand of the teddy, I start baking My humans think I look cute while doing it, and they try to make a movie out of it, but by the time they get their camera, I'm done

Former User Guest
    Casper here again...now the human was fast enough and she made a movie out of me while I'm "baking" we'll put it to our homepage this weekend so check it out if you want to, I look so adorable while doing it, if I may say so

Rascal, my male orange kitty - makes biscuits all of the time, on me or soft blankets.

But he always needs to add water to his dough as he drools the entire time.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: gini ]