Thread: Sister Nancy's Cat "Geraldine" goes to The Bridge

Exclamation Sister Nancy's Cat "Geraldine" goes to The Bridge

Geraldine (c.1988 - 8/9/2008)

Hi - Geraldine here - from t'uther side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Yuh know - it’s really cool here - no more bumping into things, ‘cus my eyesight
    these last few months had been really bad. And I can hear - lots of great things!!!

Mama’s Lois and Nancy - don’t worry, I’ve got lots of great furfriends - Boots, Tommy, Saph,
    even Aticus and Alice have checked in. Figgy’s here and so many more furkids that I’ve lost track.

Yuh know I had a great time - I don’t remember a lot about my kittyhood, but when Catmom
    had us in that old stone wall, it got kinda yucky when it rained. Learning about living
    with humans was okay - but the best part was getting picked by Mama Lois, along with Vanessa -
    - now she was something else!!! We got into more trouble, thanks to her…
    I sure was glad to catch up on my sleep after she went to live in the country. I loved my field
    in North Berwick - bouncing along hunting for mice and stuff!!! But the move to Bethel was cool, too.
    Remember my mouse hunt, when I brought you both the mouse that had this wooden thing on it’s foot?
    A “trap” I think you called it.
    And all those mice and chipmucks I got to chase through that old house!!!
    I missed going outside, there - sorry, but once in a while I really needed to check out the neighborhood -
    I never went far or stayed out long….I really wanted my kibble.
    But I thank you for bringing me to the Auburn house - it’s been a great retirement.
    No more mice to bother me in the middle of the night; great windows to watch the bird show outside,
    and lots of comfy corners to curl up in. Guess I got a little lazy there, in the end.
    But when you set me up with my own personal sitter who brings me the greatest catnip …
    Rosanna - a couple of these guys up here say hi and thanks for their treat and care, too!

Well - guess I better check out. Boots wants to get the show on the road and
    introduce me to the gang - he’s wanted to meet his cousin that Papa John had
    him sending Xmas goodies to all those years - and here I am!!!

Thanks, Mama Lois for bringing me home and letting me grow up and explore the worlds
    you brought me to. Maybe I wasn’t always the most attentive, but I was content and safe.
    And when you let me try out the goodies from your plate … Wow, what a treat!!
    And thanks, Mama Nancy, for all the rides on your shoulder.
    Sorry I was such a pain early in the mornings - but I was ready for my breakfast!!!

Later, Dudes!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cousin Boots" penned the following note down to Sister Nancy and Lois >>>

HI, Cousin Gerry ~

Welcome to The Rainbow Bridge!

Boots, da Kat, here ... I'll be your Tour Guide till you get used to Life here on this side
    of The Bridge. I guess you hung out with your Hoomins a little longer than I did --- what
    a PAIN they could be! Sleepin thru the best parts of the night, turnin green ebery tyme
    we brung a Mousie in to 'play' wiff, insisting we sleep 'in' ebery nite ... But they had their
    good points, too ~~~ Breakfast an dinner were (usually) good an on-tyme, *skritches*
    were always delivered to the 'rite spots', the rug-sukker wasn't used TOO often, the
    poddy-box was well maintained, the wadder bowl was alway full (well, full AFTER Dad
    learned to keep it UP and away frumma Mutts).

Speakin of MUTTS ... say Howdie to BOWSER ... he's the latest & greatest addition
    to a LONG list of K-9 Pals I've had to endure in my career down on the Durt Ball.
    He's just about our size, an purdy harmless ... yeah, he does look sorta like a dust mop -
    Dad alluz said he was "fluffie". Watch that tail - he's alluz *wavin* it like a flag. Iffin ya like
    to hunt ... tag along with Bowz at nite - he likes to hunt! Can't tell ya how many times Dad
    dashed off at nite wiffa "search team" of Cinder & SmokeMutt to go find da Great Fluffie
    Hunter frum an adventure in da woods.

Oh, and here's anudder new-comer to The Bridge - say 'HI' to Unka Pat & Miz Joan's
    17 year Buddie -"BC" (that stood fur "Basement Cat" ... but he didn't stay inna basement
    for too very long) ... BC just joined us a couple weeks ago ... da White Coat sed he hadda
    *stroke*. BC an I go back a long way - Unka Pat & Miz Joan were my Kat Sitterz whenever
    Dad went outta towne; likewise WE were Dawg an Kat sitters fur BC an his mutt, Miz Cali
    (anudder rare example of God's Handywork). Dad seemed to forever be draggin home
    misplaced Mutts and the temporarily lonesome Mutts that belonged to his buddies.

Geraldine ... Hmmmmm ... I'll just bet there's a 'Tail' behind that name.
    Be sure to send you Moms a *note* ... they need ta know you arrived all safe & sound;
    and that we've introduced you to all the Bridge Kids and shared our *Nipp* wiff ya.

Purdy soon we'll invite ya ta ride along wiff us on the Silver Klowd ... when we go back
    down to visit the Hoomins onna dark nite. You'll get to slip up onna BigBed an whispur
    a soft *PURR* inna Hoomins' ears.

WELCOME to The Rainbow Bridge, Grealdine!

And Deep Sympathies to your Moms - Miz Nancy and Miz Lois.

/s/ Boots, da Kat
    With a little help from Me
    {{{HUGS}}}

see >>> http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 04-17-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Dear Geraldine,

It sounds like it was the right time you chose to go to the RB, it’s no fun feeling rotten and jumping into things, but your mom’s will miss you - and anyone else you knew and loved you here on the dirt ball.

Now, go and say Hi to Boots from me and Fister, and then get introduced to the rest - I am sure you will all have fun together!

My deepest sympathy to everyone who loved and miss Geraldine.

Rest in peace, sweet girl!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Geraldine, I'm sorry that you felt it was your time to go but you did have a long run, didn't you, girl? You sound like a cat that everyone would love, whether you bumped into things or not. RIP, then run and explore to your heart's content. Prayers to the family who will miss you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Wow Geraldine, you sound like you had quite a great time here on earth! I hope you will enjoy the Bridge as well. Sorry you had to leave, but I'm glad that you can hear and see well again!

Play hard up there, and have fun with Boots!

And We Know That Geraldine Is Enjoying The Warm Tropic Breezes As The Pet Angels Come To Puerto Rico.
    Geraldine Loves Lying On The Warm Beaches And Dining At Fancy Buffets , And Of Course Enjoying The Love And Friendship Of All The Other Pet Angels.
    And Of Course Geraldines Looking For That Special Place Where She And Her Family Can Be Together Again In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Rest in peace sweet Geraldine. Prayers for your family at this time.

Aww, enjoy the comforts, sights and sounds of the Rainbow Bridge, Geraldine.
    I've Been Frosted

Geraldine, what a grand lady you were here on earth - 20 years old - what an accomplishment!

Enjoy your new found freedom and great health at the Bridge as your buddies show you around.

You will be sadly missed - but I am sure - never, ever forgotten.

Geraldine, 20 years old!!! What a wonderful life and so loved!! Sleep softly....
    Nine is Fine!!

Have fun on Rainbow Bridge, Geraldine. I hope you play with my Felicia.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana