Thread: It's shot day!

It's shot day!

Poor little things! Noah, Noel and Basil have to go in for shots today! They all get their last round of ivermectin and Basil gets his second round of kitten shots!! Poor things, I hate making them get shots...

At least my hubby will be there to help me get Noah into his carrier!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Good luck!! Taking three at one time is a BIG deal!!!! I don't envy you!! Mimi and Lilly are due this month. At least I can take Mimi in her carrier and Lilly on the leash. Two is not as hard as three cats!! Glad you have hubby to help!!

Hugs to all three. I think Basil is a sweetie!!!

Former User Guest
    Yippeee, the dreaded white-coats visit! I hope it will go fine Kelly! C & K are due this month for their shots too , will be intresting how they behave in the car, will be their second ever car trip, as we are changing our vet and will go to another town.
    Let us know how it went Kelly!
    And yes, Basil sure is a sweetie! And Noah... and Noel too! They all are!

Originally posted by Logan
    Hugs to all three. I think Basil is a sweetie!!!
    Thanks Logan! Basil really is such a sweet cat. I was sick from Friday until yesterday and Basil didn't leave my side. He slept on me the entire time!! Gosh, it was so cute!!

I hope their vet visit went well. I've taken all 3 of mine to the vets at the same time before too. It can be a very stressful experience. I recently took all 3 of them to get their nails clipped and they meowed the whole way. The people said that they were very good. Sunny was a little difficult because he was so scared. When I brought them home they were so happy. Sunny was mad at me for a little while because he hid under my bed for about an hour.

oh thank you so much for posting this new thread kelly. it reminded me bagel, ketchum and dan received their notification for shots about three weeks ago - i completley forgot!! NAWTEE MOMMY!!

btw - we take the three of them and they adore going to see the white coats. apart that is from the SHOUTING that goes on in the car - they hate the car!!
    as soon as we arrive - they all settle down - til they see david and it's a case of 'my turn now - my turn now' when they get on the table it's nose kissies, head bumpies and purrs all round - david adores cats. they sure adore him!

i'm off to phone for an appointment right now!!

lynne

Originally posted by lynnestankard

btw - we take the three of them and they adore going to see the white coats. apart that is from the SHOUTING that goes on in the car - they hate the car!!
    as soon as we arrive - they all settle down - til they see david and it's a case of 'my turn now - my turn now' when they get on the table it's nose kissies, head bumpies and purrs all round - david adores cats. they sure adore him!

i'm off to phone for an appointment right now!!

lynne
    Wow, I think that your cats are the only ones that actually like to go to the vet. I've never heard of any other animals that like this. You are so lucky.

Maya got her shots last monday ! Wow , she was so scared !!! And then the vet forced her to eat a yuckie yellow paste as well !!! Well , sweet Maya didn't look sweet at all to that dreaded vet .............!!

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Wow, I think that your cats are the only ones that actually like to go to the vet. I've never heard of any other animals that like this. You are so lucky.
    When Noah was little, he LOVED the vet! He loved all the attention from the girls there...now, he hisses!

The vet went well, MUCH more smoothly with my husband there to help me. Noah went into his carrier without me having too much trouble. It was Noel that didn't want to go in. Poor things. We were in and out of the office within 20 minutes, it was great. The kitties were fine when we got home, as if nothing happened. I'm so proud!

lynnestankard: Glad I reminded you! Although I'm sure Bagel, Ketchum and Dan aren't as thrilled with me. That is very cool that they enjoy the vet!

i know exactly how you feel, I have taken as many as 3 cats tot he vet at a time, and getting them shots, and eye exams, eeekk!its alot fo work!

Last edited by toughCookie; 08-24-2002 at 09:21 PM.
    Faith in God

I take my 4 cats to get shots, no problem. Their are actually some animals, dogs and cats, that enjoy going to the vet. Most take to getting shots very well. Cats are a little harder to deal with though. they are very good at using their claws, even when you have them scruffed. I should know, I have a war wound on my hand right now.

"Love a Vet Tech"