Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What food do you feed?

What food do you feed?

It's been a while since there has been a thread on the dog food we feed. What do your puppers eatin?

Chloe, Beanie and Gracie all get Canidae All Life Stages. Talon has a minor food allergie and gets Canidae Lamb and Rice. The dogs also get the occational Whole fryer chicken or some other raw meat.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers' Soul dry kibble. I add warm water, it makes a gravy.

For Sugar, Lacey and Marlin, I alternate, one night I add canned pumpkin, the next I add yogurt.

Ozzy has 3 tablespoons of canned Merrick Turducken added to the kibble each night.

Jasper eats Innova EVO.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I feed my dogs Canidae, and I'm aware of the outsourcing to Diamond and recent formula changes, but to be honest... with the price for a GOOD food nowdays its so hard to find one within my budget... I think I'll stick with them unless my two don't take so well to the new formula.

facebook

My puppies are currently eating Canidae All Life Stages...

My adults get a mixture of Canidae and Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. I used to have a couple dogs that did best on Diamond naturals, so they got straight diamond naturals.. and the others got Canidae, however this past winter I just started mixing the two and its worked great for them...

They get it mixed with a little bit of warm water and 1/2 a can of canned food (1/2 can between 5 adults... so not a lot of canned - but its how my handlers feed the client dogs, so I started feeding mine that way)...
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

My 4 get Nature's recipe.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

Dance eats raw, and the others are currently on Canidae Lamb & Rice.

We recently switched to Wellness CORE.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

All three are on raw. After trying Innova Evo and various puppy formulas, I finally got Keeva to gain weight after switching to raw.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Nova and Konnor eat Taste of the Wild due to Konnor's food alleries. My foster dogs Chubbs, Simba and June eat Pro Plan Adult and my foster puppy's Koal and Skylar eat Pro Plan puppy for medium sized dogs (I have a lady who gets Pro Plan at a discounted rate for me since I rescue). I have to admint Pro Plan is doing a pretty good job at keep everyone (but Skylar's) stools normal and their coat and skin soft and healthy. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Ashley

As of now we rotate between RAW and Blue Buffalo.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Shawnee - Wellness Core Original Formula
    Tatum - Wellness Super5Mix Chicken Recipe
    Hector - Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken Adult Dog Lamb

When we feed kibble, it's Acana. Premium aka "blue" in the summer. Performance aka "red" in the winter. Ozzy eats Acana Extreme year round since nothing else keeps any weight on him.

The senior girls eat Ripley Ranch Holistic Senior. Mainly because a friend of mine sells it and I like to support her and Paxil will eat it with some regularity. That dog is a hard keeper.

Their diet is heavily supplemented with raw meat, mostly wild game and fish, especially in the winter. I have 8 freezers for dog food meat!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers' Soul dry kibble. I add warm water, it makes a gravy.
    That's what Bella and Ripley eat too. In the morning they eat it dry and in the evening I moisten it to make a little gravy. Oh, I also feed the "Light" variety because Miss Bella could stand to lose a pound or two.

Wow.. to all of you who feed different dogs different foods, youre amazing.
    That's gotta be a lot of work! Three dogs and three foods.. shoot. I couldnt handle it.

We're feeding Nature's Recipe: Lamb & Rice Kibble. Right now Bunny eats it plain in her eat-slower bowl. Eli gets kibble plus some water in his regular bowl. He wont eat it dry, he'll take a mouthful, walk away from his bowl and spit it all over the floor. For the past two weeks we've been mixing 1/2 can of wet food with Zeke's kibble in his eat-slower bowl.

Had Nutro Ultra canned but it was chunks so that didnt work well, now I bought Nutro Max and some Natural Choice wet foods that are the regular non-chunk stuff. Works well to stir it up and mash down in there. REALLY slows him down because he has to lick it out. Otherwise he chokes on the kibble plain. Bunny and Eli do get some little tidbits of wet food 'cus I just cant help myself.

Someday when we make more money and quit with all the home improvement projects, I'll feed them Blue Buffalo 'cus they REALLLY like it. =)

Sidenote: Anyone know why its hard to find a canned food without By-Products?! Not difficult, just hard to find an economical one that doesnt have them. Even Nature's Recipe puts them in the canned, but they advertise that theyre not in the Kibble.

Man, I'm windy tonight, sorry!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!