Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey kitty people!!! What do you feed you cat/s?

Hey kitty people!!! What do you feed you cat/s?

I'm just wondering what everyone feeds their kittens, and cat/s!?

What do they prefer?

Do they like treats?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Isis eats Purina Cat Chow and only Cat Chow. We've tried to give her better food but she refuses to eat it. She would eat around the new food when we started mixing it in with the Cat Chow. She won and we gave up.

As for treats, she doesn't really like cat treats. She's much rather have a bite of beef or chicken or some pasta. She use to like green beans too but for some reason she won't eat them anymore. Dustin will give her syrup when he has pancakes or waffles on the weekend. Then he has the nerve to be shocked when she's hyper later in the day. And for some strange reason she likes beer also. As long as you have a beer in your hand, you will have a permanent lap cat in my house.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

What do I feed? Friskies, both the dry food and wet. Occasionally, Fancy Feast or the foil pouches as a treat.

What would Cassie prefer? Baby food meat purees, preferably chicken and turkey. Stir-fried chicken breast. Mozzarella cheese. Deli turkey. The liquid from a can of tuna fish. Shrimp. The foil lid from yogurt with some yogurt still on it (treat AND plaything- cool!) The white from a hard boiled egg. Milk!

Treats? Cat grass or human food, please.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

All three of mine used to eat Meow Mix but when Dixie started having problems because of hairballs, I changed her to Purina One for Sensitive Stomachs. Now they all eat it.
    They each get ½ a can of 9 Lives once every week or so.

Nothing but Pounce and catnip treats around here...

Now for table food, Toby likes my fried chicken (white meat only) and a bit of meat from Sonic burgers; Dixie likes whatever scrap she can find left on the table like corn but if I hand her a piece of corn or whatever, she won't take it and Churchy likes spaghetti and Ramen Noodles. They all like the "gravy" from my beef and broccoli when I order Chinese and the water I drain from a can of tuna.

Purina One, Salmon flavor. For treats they like Temptations best. I've tried to switch treats, but Shai isn't having any. She'll cry and pace around my feet until I give in or walk away. The other 10 aren't as fussy. They will accept or leave anything else. Since Temptations went up by 30 cents a package, I've been trying other things. So far, nothing has been totally acceptable.

On the other hand, Nosey will eat nearly anything I give her, including baked potato.

Boomer eats Purina Cat Chow Complete Formula. Every once in a while we will give him a little bit of wet food but he usually ends up throwing it all up an hour or two later
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

They eat prescription kibble. Mostly Royal Canin Urinary S/0. Onyx eats Royal Canin Renal. They get both the kibble and the canned formulas.

The cats who don't actually need the prescription food get different canned food. They only get a couple tablespoons per day so it's usually whatever was on sale that week!

Sophia will be going on an all canned diet. I'll go get her a variety of kinds today and see what kind she likes.

They like just about any kind of treat! If one doesn't, another one does!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

AvoDerm Cat food dry. Really good nutrients, excellent for the skin and fur.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

My 5 all eat a mixture of 2 dry foods Royal Canin Fit 32 & Royal Canin Hair & Skin 33. As for wet food. Vixen gets Almo Nature Light (she's a little poofy but don't tell her I said that), Vega gets Almo Nature (she's a bit of a snob and refuses the other stuff), Bella, Frost & Phoenix eat Purina Gourmet Diamond or Perla.

It costs me more in a month to feed the cats than it does to feed myself & hubby. We want to make sure their needs are met nutrience wise.

As for treats. Vixen is a hairball magnet so she gets Gimpet Malt Kisses as treats. It helps with BIG time with her hairball issues. Vega & Frost like Trixie's Happies salmon flavor. Bella will only eat Gimpet Malt Kisses. She doesn't need them but she gets 2 a day. And Phoenix will not touch treats to save her life. Phoenix' idea of treats is a different type of dry food.

Vixen likes also as a treat (human stuff) olives & pizza. Vega almost anything that isn't nailed down. Bella almost anything that isn't nailed down. Phoenix just a taste of sandwich meat now and then (turkey and porchetta being her favorites). And Frost is a fussy butt. He will has a taste of turkey and he likes a little bit of marinara sauce.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

All 7 of my fur posse like Purina Cat Chow only. I just this year started giving them treats sparingly. They like Whiskas Temptations crunchy. They don't really care for soft treats. Creamsicle is allergic to all treats and even Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula. Occasionally, I'll give them some of my dinner if it's chicken or fish and Coco Puff loves raw chicken, so occasionally I give him a few bites. As a special treat, I'll give them Fancy Feast Gourmet canned food once a week. Puddy also eats KD canned and dry because she's in chronic renal failure.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My 4 boys are fed NOW! Grain Free dry, and a variety of wet foods. They each get a 1/4 of a can of wet with both feedings. The dry food is excellent, it has some of the best ingredients I have seen, and is lower protein than most grain free foods. It is also cooked slowly, in small batches.

As for treats, I give them a variety of different brands, but they only get them a couple times a week.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

SCIENCE DIET CANNED, WHISKA GEL POUCHES, AND IAMS ALL AGES DRY CAT FOOD WITH NUTRO COMPLETE INDOOR CAT DRY TOO.
    AND OF COURSE THE FOOD OF THE CAT GODS
    WHISKAS TEMPTATIONS.
    AND FROMMS SURF AND TURF, A HEALTH FOOD DRY.
    HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THAT?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My 4 cats eat a mixture of 2 dry foods Royal Canin Fit 32 & Royal Indoor-Outdoor. They get this for breakfast and for dinner.
    For lunch they get päté from a supermarket, called Carrefour.

Treats? Not on a regular base, in fact they get it rather rarely. But I can make them VERY happy with some dry Canadian catnip (thanks too Catty )
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Mine eat Innova. Their coats look amazing on it, and it was the first food Corkscrew was willing to eat when he had fatty liver disease and needed to be force fed. I tried several different foods and he choose the Innova.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Smudge eats C/D (a prescription food to prevent crystals) but he does enjoy treats! He likes Kitty Kaviar (bonito flakes) sprinkled on his canned food, but his favorite treat is vitamin E. I found out by trying to put it on an allergy ouchie on his face, but he made it very clear that where it belongs is right on his tongue! So I looked it up, and it's totally safe, so when he hears me rattling my vitamin bottles in the morning, he trots into the kitchen and purrs for his treat. I just puncture the capsule with a pushpin and squeeze it out onto my finger, and he licks it off, purring like it's melted butter!