Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracker Jack uppydate

Cracker Jack uppydate

Things are going well. Peanut has stopped hissing for the most part. Sometimes CJ gets a little more rambunctious than Peanut likes, so she will hiss to settle him down, but overall things are going extremely well. There has been a scuffle or two, but we are strongly discouraging those since Peanut is now limping again (her bursitis) so I’m thinking Jack must have gotten a little too playful and she hurt herself. THerefore, sniffing, laying near each other and other such mild behavior is ok, but anything more and Terry gets a little defensive of his elderly little girl.

Jack is so funny though, and is such an instigator! He’ll hide in wait behind our coats hanging on the dining room chairs, then jump out at Peanut, then quickly scoot back behind the coats, then dart out at her again, then hide, then dart, then hide and this will go on until he darts a little too close. Peanut will just sit there and watch his antics….until he gets a bit too close then she’ll hiss. I believe this is how/when one of the scuffles occurred where she hurt her leg. But he is such a little goof. The video in this post is a brief demonstration. Of course he wouldn't really do it while I was standing there with the camera, but he did give a slowed down demonstration.

As for the pills, we have come to a compromise. Jack gets tuna, I get a sweet, loving, playful kitty that doesn’t hide from my every move. I've also gotten the butt wiggle and combat kitty, so I think I got the better of that deal. He is done with the antibiotic now and only has the probiocen left for a few days, and that blends in really well with tuna. I think his stool has stiffened up a bit, but is by no means forming into anything, so when we’re done with the probiocen I’ll be calling the vet back to see what’s next on the agenda.

On with the pictures.......(in next post)
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 08-25-2005 at 04:08 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hey sis, you mind if I lay down here?

No? Ok, thanks.

Sorry sis, I was trying to sleep and something kept whispering in my ear telling me to move down to this nice comfy bed. For some reason the bed kind of smells like the smell in my dream when I heard the whispering.

(That's Tubby's bed he's in. I'm so happy he's taking to some of Tubby's favorite spots)

This is Peanut giving Jack the evil eye. Look at the next pic of CJ to see why

Visitor or intruder!?
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

But mom, I like the view from up here, really!

What's going on out there?

(another of Tubby's favorite past times)

One of my favorite past times.

A mousie got caught under the jackets. Pic is blurry, but you can get a sense of how excited he gets over these micies.

And finally, a picture of his tail so you can see how it's all stripey on the end, and slowly fades to white. I love that tail.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Is this your new kitty? I must have completely missed the thread!
    He is just adorable, with that splotch on his nose. I want a kitty like that!
    And his attack antics are just to funny. What a big scary and sneaky kitty you are!
    Give Peanut a kiss from me, poor girl having to share her little kitty funhouse with such a playful boy
    Congrats on the new furbaby

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
    Is this your new kitty? I must have completely missed the thread!
    Yes, here is the thread where I introduced him.

And you have a kitty with a splotch on the nose, just happens to be a black splotch/mustache.

Ooops, forgot to add the link.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...d+Cracker+Jack
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 01-17-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

I am so glad that he's blending in so well. LOL at those mean monsters by the coats. Must be invisible monsters. I would loooove to have a kitty lay on my lap the way CJ was. *swoon*

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Visitor or intruder!?
    He's in Peanut's house!
    And she allowed it? Wow!
    Maybe she kind of likes having a little brother around if she's being so nice to him.
    Thanks for posting some new photos, I'm glad things are going so well.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    He's in Peanut's house!
    And she allowed it? Wow!
    He loves Peanut's house! He does the same thing that she does. When you're walking from the bedroom to the kitchen, he'll dart in the house then look out the window! He also does the sneak attack out of the house, then back into the house, and he loves just hanging out in it!

I don't know if she likes it or not. I think she's more of the attitude "If that's what the brat wants, let him have it. At least he's not bothering me!"
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

That video of his first night was so sweet. His purr is LOUD! I am so glad that you rescued him from the shelter. I think it is great and that you are a very compassionate person to save his life. Thank you:d *hugs* for you and *kisses* to Cracker Jack. He is one lucky cat!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

10. Dearest Peanut,

You let him into the inner sanctum so easily!!!! Your house! You are a sweet one, Peanut....but then he is a cute boy!

Your Edwina

I'm so glad he's doing better. He is such a cutie. I love the way he gets out and looks both ways "Which way did she go?" Love the pics as well.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Debbie,

Did you make the house out of a box or did it come in a kit?? I love it!! So does CJ

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Debbie ... thank you so much for bringing a much needed smile to my heart this evening!!! That video is PRICELESS... how cute how he stops in his tracks when he realizes he has been "caught on film"!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Debbie, you aren't used to having a "baby" around the house. His antics are normal (and one of the reasons why KITTENS and elderly cats do not make a good match....but that is a whiole other story). But at his age he should be wise enough to not push Peanut too far. Of course if he DOES you will be obligated to get him a playmate more his age

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    How cute Cracker Jack is scooting in and out of the coats like that! He really has a lot of energy now that he's feeling like he's at home. Peanut I think gets worn out watching his antics. When's his tooth coming out? Sure glad you found an agreeable way to give him his nasty meds....and save some skin at the same time.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~