Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your 4th of July plan?

What is your 4th of July plan?

My cousin asked if we'd like to join him & his wife on a trip to Vegas. My best friend & her family is visiting from Virginia & only stay until Sunday. She asked me to go to Disneyland & Universal Studio with her... I actually want to stay home to relax and finish up planting our vegetable garden So I'm torn.

I don't know what I'll do yet.. Do you?

Thanks ~Jessie~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Stay home - do some things that need to be done around the house - BBQ - take in the fireworks after dark.

I hate being on the roads during the holidays with all the masses - and around here everyone heads to the beach and the roads are mobbed. As much as I love the beach, I'd rather relax at home and not be part of the mob scene.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Work, work and more work

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Stuck in the house with my broken foot as usual...I am so bored I could scream!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Stuck in the house with my broken foot as usual...I am so bored I could scream!
    Aww.. What happen to your foot?? I must have missed the thread where you talked about it.

((hugs)) and hope your foot will heal soon..

Thanks ~Jessie~

Quote Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
    Aww.. What happen to your foot?? I must have missed the thread where you talked about it.

((hugs)) and hope your foot will heal soon..
    I broke it and had surgery late May I got three screws in it. It was pretty serious and could effect my walking in the future so I am doing what I am suppose to do which is basically nothing.

I go in Monday and may get the cast off and may be able to walk again so I am excited about that...thanks for asking.

If I was able I would love to go watch the fireworks at Bodega Bay.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Well, I have no idea what I'm doing. Originally Bruce was supposed to work and then was told he wasn't needed. But now he might work anyway (without pay). I told him I'll only go do something if we can take the dogs to my parents house, or take them with us. Otherwise I'm staying home with them. I have no idea how Taggart or Paizly will react with the fireworks and things going off. I already know it freaks Zoee out. Last night someone set something off and she was pawing and whining at the door to come in. Of course we were in the middle of Taz's sub-q's and couldn't let her in. So then all of us were stressed out!!!
    I'll probably end up staying home. And hopefully if I do my friend, who recently lost her husband, will come hang out with me.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Work, sunning, getting more and more tan .

We have fireworks at the resort on Friday night, and they are always wonderful up there. Then Saturday night Dave and I are going to a friend's house for a 4th of July dinner party. Johnny's parties are legendary, so it should be a lot of fun!!

I hope that the rain holds off all weekend, and that we have a sunny weekend again. Last weekend was glorious for the most part and I got some amazing sun. My face is a bit burned, but aloe is helping it.

I was hoping to get to see the town's fireworks display, but it is supposed to rain here.
    Either way, I will probably stay home and work on the project I got started today.

We have a family picnic at my sister's house every 4th. She has a pool.

I have a big family, 2 brothers and 2 sisters. They all have kids and their kids now have kids so it is a fun time. Between all of my nieces having kids we have twin 5-month old baby boys, two one-year olds, a 3-year old, a 5-year old, an 8 year old and a 13-year old. My kids are 19 and 22.

We will most likely eat too much, then sit around talking, then eat more! Most of them go to the fireworks but I have been a party pooper the last couple years.

Hope everyone has a great day no matter what you do!

I get to work. I know you are all jealous. I'll probably end up at some relatives house for food and fireworks later.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I have absolutely no idea. Since I don't have to work (rare for me these days), I'm guessing it will be hanging out with my Bobcat and a buncha kitties.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Gonna throw some shrimp on the barbie and have some girlfriends over. Everyone will bring a covered dish. No fireworks for me. Too loud. And that ain't age talkin'. I never liked them as a kid either. They're pretty but too loud. Plus I'll thank my lucky stars to still have the freedom to choose what I'll be doing that day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am going to a concert by the Capitol Steps (political satire group from Washington DC). Every year they put on a show in Ann Arbor on the 4th of July.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am going to Washington DC for the weekend to visit my brother and on the 4th will be going to The Mall and watching the fireworks! Aren't we just so original?

I get to work. I know you are all jealous. I'll probably end up at some relatives house for food and fireworks later.
    To tell you the truth I really am jealous. I love my job, I had to take off the entire weekend I mean, I'm sorta excited for DC but I do love work and the $$. I make pretty good money for a teenager, about $8.60 and I have fun and virtually do nothing, but then again Six Flags will most likely be very crowded on the 4th so maybe it's a good thing I don't have to deal with that. I have actually never worked ont he 4th of July and have been working for 2 years(seasons) now. My new department this year is SO much better there is no comparison, so I enjoy working and I AM JEALOUS XD