Thread: basset hounds

basset hounds

i went to a friends house the other day and he had a basset hound.......she was soo cute.....please tell me everything you know about this breed.....pics are welcome too.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

my friend has two, a male and a female. they are so funny looking. hee heee, I laugh everytime I see a basset hound. they are such a floppy funny breed. I love them. there is one pure bred at the local spca right now but not up for adoption because she was a rescue and they have to go to court ect.. here are a couple of pics I fouind...

ask if you want more pics ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I don't know anything about Bassett Hounds except I think they are very cute. I am also wondering about them because the Humane Society has had at least 3 pure bred ones this past year. I was wondering why someone would pay for a pure bred and then leave it at the Humane Society.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

one of my friends has a basset and she is adorable.

this is just what he has told me about the breed that they were used for badger hunting until the last 20 odd years they have become a very popular companion dog (only know of 3 that live in my city)

and also read that bassetts were dewarfed bloodhounds and they were bred back to one another to get a smaller/shorter dog (but guessing that there was oother breeds used to create the beautiful bassett hound )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

do you watch thats my baby?
    Layka

My husband and I got our first basset hound about 2 years ago and have fallen head over heels for this breed. (In fact, we just added a new member to our family, Oscar, an 8-week old tri-color cutie.) I'm no expert, but here's what I can tell you about the breed. Bassets are big dogs with short legs. (They are bigger than what some people realize. Max, our 2 year old basset, weighs about 54 pounds, and he is about average. Some are much bigger.) Bassets are very loving dogs, and love people. The ones that we have had have very mild-mannered, laid back personalities. They are great with children, although occasionally they forget how big they are. They do have a very distinctive, deep bark. All in all, they are wonderful dogs.

One good website is www.basset.net. Go to the Basset Forum for pictures and stories from basset lovers.

I hope this helps.

Dusty

Bassets are so cut my friend wanted to get a basset but he couldnt find one. Have yo uever noticed that it is so hard to find a pure breed at adoption agencies not breeders.?
    Layka

I like Bassets. I love their faces. It melts my heart lol.. how can I not love that face?

I don't know much about them,But I live next to three,And they are SO CUTE!!!LOL He takes them for walks all the time.So I seee them all the time!