Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona this month?

Arizona this month?

I'm going to be near Phoenix, AZ near the end of this month (my sister lives there). We'll drive there the 22nd and drive back the 26th. We will have all 4 dogs with us. Anyone want to meet up?

So close, yet still too far away.

Have fun at your sisters anyway.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm headed to Southern Cal the 26th....wonder if I could leave early and get a flight with a looooong layover.....

I did see a flight with a 4 hour layover in Salt Lake City when I come home on the 30th. How far is that from you?

Salt Lake City is only about 45 minutes from me, not far. Let me know if you do end up doing that, its a friday so I'm usually at work until 4 but I can ask for it off as long as I ask in advance.

I'd love to meet up! Do you know what part of Phoenix will you be in? If you are south of Phx it's a little over 2 hours away from me, but if you are further north it's more like three hours.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I just realized that I'll need to know if you would prefer to meet on Saturday or Sunday. I work tomorrow so I will need to request the day off then. If I don't hear back I'll just ask off for Saturday just in case.

Maybe we could go hiking with the dogs, there are lots of great places right outside of Phx.
    I've been Defrosted!

I guess its Florence/Queen Creek area...not sure if thats north or south...my mom thought it was south. I think Friday or Saturday afternoon would work best. Hiking sounds great to me. My mom said she thought Tucson was actually closer to where they (my sister) lives than Phoenix. I don't know, but I'm sure you would.

Queen Creek is south of Phx which is great for me, it's a little less than a two hour drive. I'll ask around and see if I can find a good hiking spot in the area, I know tons of places in Tucson but I don't know that area too well.

I'll request Saturday off, it will be so great to finally meet you!

I'm looking at google maps now and if she is actually in the city of Florence then she is about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.
    I've been Defrosted!

You know we will expect lots of pictures!
    I've Been Frosted

Is Friday at all possible? My mom is saying now that is the best day (I have to coordinate my plans around family plans). If not I will figure out something for Saturday, its not out, we're just not sure exactly what time the family event we're going down there for is....she thinks around 11:00. There's nothing going on Friday. Anyway, if that doesn't work I'll make them make Saturday work. Looking forward to meeting you!

Their address is in the city of Florence but I guess they its actually a ways outside of Florence...I haven't been there so I'm not exactly sure.

If it's a weekend, that's great! I'm in Queen Creek myself. Jadie and Oreo (Jadie moreso than Oreo) loves to meet new people... especially if they're giving out attention (but Oreo's getting over the shyness).

Hopefully it'll work out!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Sadly I didn't see your post until after I got home from work yesterday so I requested Saturday off. I can wait and see what my work schedule will be and then try to switch shifts if Saturday doesn't work for you.
    I've been Defrosted!

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is going on Saturday. From what I know now the family event should start at about 1:00 and goes until later, there's a dinner and everything. So if we do Saturday, it would have to be in the morning...I'd have to be back by about 12:00. And somebody would have to pick me and the dogs up as everyone else will be busy and won't be able to drop me off/pick me up anywhere....not sure if this is possible? Maybe we could all meet at a park near my sisters house that morning? If its close my mom could probably take me to the park to meet you guys. I don't think I'd have time for hiking on Saturday. I'm trying to get information on what is planned every day but I'm not getting much help from anyone in my family on that one. :/

I could go up early Saturday morning, I should be able to swing by and pick you up. If I fold down my backseat I can easily fit two huskies into the car we might even be able to fit in three but I'm not totally sure. The park sounds like a nice place to meet so that way Scooter's Mom can join. Just let me know when you get a better idea of what is going on, I'm sure we can work something out.
    I've been Defrosted!

As far as I know this will still work. Maybe we could have breakfast at the park? lol I don't know what park yet. Skya is small, about the size of an American Eskimo, she fits on my lap. I'm going to see if my mom could drop me off at the park and maybe you could give me a ride back...just depends on how busy they all are. I wish I had more days to work with. Scooter's mom would this work for you?