Thread: OMG! I just "POOFED" a cat!

OMG! I just "POOFED" a cat!

Ok, it's really late here, and I have to be up in 4hrs for work, but I just had to get this out!

There's a tuxie who has been eating on my porch for the last, oh 4-6 months. More so in the last 2 months, even standing up at my door and meowing to be fed. He got kinda used to a feeding time...

Well, he has always been very standoffish.. will come within 2 ft of me and then vamoose. Or he'll run under my porch swing and meow at me from there. Basically, a typical male, playing hard to get.

Well, tonight we were "talking" and my guys inside were talking to him, although I think only Jorgie had nice words to say (the others were mumbling something about getting out of their 'hood... I've got such ghetto cats ), and this little guy comes right in the front door, into the foyer type area I have inbetween my front door and the door to my house. I was so shocked! He was standing right next to me and looked up and meowed! So... what do I do? I shut the door, he kinda panics, I pick him up and he purrs!!! He's actually in decent shape. Probably because I feed him 2 cans of food a day, and he has dry food available at all times

I'm going to the shelter tomorrow to make a trade off on cats so that the one new foster (Blossom) can go to PetSmart and be adopted, and then a kitty that is already there and absolutely terrified, will come here. So, I figure I'll take him to the shelter with me, plop him in a cage, and get him all tested and up to date on shots and all that. I think he needs neutering also. In fact, I'm positive.. I looked, lol (it was one of those "Oh you're so prett... errrr... handsome!")

I will make sure and check around the neighborhood to see if anyone is missing a handsome tuxie kitty. If they are, they will be getting a tongue lashing from me, and maybe their kitty back. This poor thing has been out in all kinds of weather, and his whites on his tux are gray I hate the thought of a little kid missing their kitty, but when he spends most of his time on my porch and my neighbors' porches (he's well fed), I doubt he's missed. We also have a bunch of colleges in the area, so cats get left behind on a regular basis. Stupid kids.

I'll post photos when I get to take some. Right now he's hiding in a room with Frankie, who is FIV+. I'm just hoping the tuxie is ok and has nothing transmittable (like FeLV), but I had no where else to go with him. He'd be in the rafters in my basement, and that would not be good! So, till tomorrow, Frankie has a roommate!

So you finally got him! Good for you.

Looks like he has decided where he wants to be
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Yep, he is where he wanted to be and knew he would be safe and taken care of. GOOD for YOU!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aw, I love the way you desccribe his entry, trying to overcome his own fears. He knew he would be better in with you but, the fear of the unknown. So glad you can get him some care and give him a good home setting to get settled in.

Ha ha, this is a perfect example of "a cat choosing his home" !!
    He/she knows you will take good care of her.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Um, the last time that happened to me, he became a member of my household. (Right, Specs?) I'm glad for your tuxie, though. And you're right, it's doubtful that he's missed. He knew where to go.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11