Thread: Pet Talk Best in Show

Pet Talk Best in Show

I'm not sure where else to put this, so I'll put it here in the Dog House...

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    There are tons of "Best in Pet Talk" dogs as far as I'm concerned! I wish I could give out about a zillion blue ribbons.
    Here goes. Everyone, feel free to add more.

Best actor in a leading role: Welovespuppies' Chopper, Kfamr's Mufasa, Fritz03's Fritz

Best actress in a leading role: Kfamr's Kiki, Edwina's Secretary's Edwina, Cyber-Sibes' Star

Best actor in a supporting role: Edwina's Secretary's Eddie, Cyber-Sibes' Jack

Best ensemble cast: Glacier's dogs and cats, Catmandu's Found Kitties, Kimlovescats' dogs and cats, Lvpets2002's cats, Kfamr's Muttlies, Freedom's dogs and cats (especially at sandwich making time!)

Best special needs pets: Taccoa, Elmer, Amy (CH cats) - edit to add Mikus Marco ButterScotch

Best pet coming through medical treatment: Miss Hoppy, K9soul's Raven, Cincy's Mom's Cincy, Jen Luckenbach's Mister Meow, Catmandu's dental patients

Pet with most beautiful eyes: All the Huskies on Pet Talk with their stunning eyes and sweet faces!

Pet Talk Best in Show: All of them!!!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 02-14-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh How So Nice & Honored we are for this Thread.. Oh yes Taccoa & Elmer & Amy got Best in Special Needs.. Too Sweet.. Now dont forget ButterScotch is CH also.. Many Thanks for this Thread Elyse..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

a while back we had the dog/cat olympics.... maybe we should try a contest like the coolest dog/cat type...

and set categories for example:

best head tilt (hehe)
    best smile
    best profile
    best cuddle
    best jump
    best attitude
    best bark/howl (we can upload videos here)
    best buddies

and so on.....

and we can manage to get a prize for the winner/s.... just a lil something form a siggy to a small conmemorative prize.... just a thought....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Best Dressed on the Red Carpet:

Male: Eddie

Female: Edwina

p.s. We would love to see some of their latest designer clothes/hats.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Traveling pets: Ally Cat, Kirby (Woody)

Cat most skilled at leaving throw-up stains resembling abstract art on carpet: Cassie!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 02-15-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Traveling pets: Ally Cat, Kirby (Woody)
    Don't forget Sirrahsim's Boomer...travelled all the way from Japan to Ohio. And my Vixen who travelled from Toronto, Canada to Rome, Italy via plane and then an 8 hour train ride from Rome to Vicenza.

We really do have some well travelled pets here.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Pet Talk's own Best of Show... I LOVE it!

Maybe we could consider regional travelers as a sort of minor league ranking and then work up to the big-time jet setters flying all over the world?... Here's my contender for highly-traveled-within-one-country:

My Peony was born and rescued as a kitten in Venice, California, while I was visiting a friend in Los Angeles.. she then flew with me from L.A. to Boston (which included a change of planes in Detroit).. then we went by cab to Cambridge, Massachusetts, where I lived at the time .. Several years later we drove to Providence, Rhode Island, where we lived for four years.. and then we drove here to Ann Arbor, Michigan (with an overnight stop in Pennsylvania, and I don't remember the town but it was at a Holiday Inn about 10 or 15 miles off I-80 closer to the western end of PA), where we live now. Who knows where next?...

So she is a pretty well-traveled cat, though only within the U.S. .. not quite like all these world travelers! And she has no desire to expand her horizons.

To this day, whenever I get the carrier out, she hides.. and after I do get her into it, she complains for the whole trip (to the vet's usually). I think she's afraid I'm going to stuff her in a box and take her on another airplane! At least she got to ride in the cabin with me on that trip. It would have been utterly horrible if she'd had to go in the cargo section. I think I would have changed my flight until I could get one she could go in the cabin.

P.S., and Elmer would like to thank the Academy for recognizing him and Taccoa and Amy AND ButterScotch!
    Last edited by phesina; 02-15-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Though we haven't seen him for a while, how about adding Mr Magoo to the Special Needs kitties?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Can you believe those two! Busy talking over their acceptance speeches!

They would also like a nomination for traveling cats. Although they may not have covered as many miles...they did ride in a truck from Chicago to Southern California! A trip that took 3 days...

I think my two would scoop the disobedience prize
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Though we haven't seen him for a while, how about adding Mr Magoo to the Special Needs kitties?
    Oh My your right we haven't seen Mr. Magoo in a long time.. He was such a sweetheart..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Best ensemble cast: . . . . . . Freedom's dogs and cats (especially at sandwich making time!)
    My pets truly appreciate being included, thank you! I'd let them speak for themselves, but they are all busy in the kitchen with Dad, who has the deli turkey out.

A couple of other well-traveled cats are Robin and CJ - daughter and son of Tubby & Peanut's Mom. They live in an RV, and are all over the western part of the country.

Come to think of it, we haven't heard much from them lately - anyone in contact?

Thank you Eddie and Edwina for making a rare and wonderful appearance!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'd like to nominate Gina's Ark for most traveled within the US. They've seen both coasts!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018