Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE POST #24....LOOK AT HER NOW! Pls Meet Baby And Her..well, Babies!!

UPDATE POST #24....LOOK AT HER NOW! Pls Meet Baby And Her..well, Babies!!

Baby was found on the streets of Chicago by a nice police officer that lives in my town. He works for the city of Chicago and calls me when he needs help. He found this mama, Baby, and her 7 puppies. 6 were crammed in a 5 gallon bucket while the 7th was running in the street with baby trying to catch him. Baby is about 2 yrs old and is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, we believe her pups are mixed with Lab. When we picked them up on November 18th, Baby was filthy, scared, and all skin and bones. When we took her to the vet she weighed 38lbs, the vet said she should at least be 50 or so. She was diagnosed with Giardia and Coccidia. She was tested ngative for Heartworms...thankfully. We believe she was somebody's pet at one point. She is house broken, knows "sit", "stay", and "lay down". She is a very good dog for being a "stray".

She had patches of brittle and missing fur due to malnutrition.

Here are a couple of the pups (sorry I resized them but they keep showing up big).
    This picture really shows just how skinny she was when she arrived here.

There are 4 males and 3 females. The vet said the were about 6 1/2 wks when I got them. They were a little skinny, but the vet said they looked really good...considering.

Now today, she weighs an amazing 44 lbs...in just two weeks!! She looks great and her pups are growing so fast! All the pups and Baby are on antibiotics for Coccidia. The Giardia is gone, but the Coccidia is lingering. Three pups found homes and left with medication. The police officer took one, Dave's friend took one, and a lady in the neighborhood (who's son goes to school with my boys) took one. So only 4 left and Baby. Here are pictures of her now and her babies. She still has ways to go, but not as much as I first thought.

One week after they arrived.

She gained over 5 pounds in 6 days...the day after she came to me she showed signs of gaining weight. It's amazing what food, water, and love do for a dog.

Look at that "Baby" face!

More in next post....
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 01-21-2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Update

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

The babies....

Tot, Female

Tatter, Female

Soilder, Female...now in a new home.

Hershey, Male...now in a new home.

Jet, Male

Nesley, Male

Balto, the lil' street runner went home before I took these pics. Baby stopped nursing about 4 days after we got her, so the vet said it was safe to start placing them and not force her to nurse if she refused.

More pics in next post.

www.rornfp.org

Baby and her pups...sorry about the size, some resize and some don't, weird.

Baby and her pups 3 days after she came to us.

Tot and Tatter are wrestling almost on Baby, her face is priceless. It's like she is saying "help, please".

Tug-o-war....I think mom is going to win kids!

Baby and her son Jet. So cute!

A bunch more in next post....Last post for all the cutesy ones!!

www.rornfp.org

And the best pics for last!!!

Jet. I love when pups sleep like this!

Jet, Tatter, and Nesley

Soilder..."what's up?"

Nesley...he is so cute!!

Baby LOVES to play.

Jet, sleeping on a kittie pillow!

Nesley and Tot. Tot is the runt, see how tiny she next to her brother?!

Soilder. "Yeah, I stole mom's rope!"

Tatter...."Hey why'd ya wake me up with that flashy thing?"

That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed 'em!

www.rornfp.org

omg you're killing me and such an ANGEL to all these dogs. they are so cute and the mom is gorgeous. Bless your heart.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

OH MY!!!

What a wonderful overload of CUTE!!!!!

Great Job!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thanks for rescuing them. They are adorable, all of them. Poor Baby....I'm sure she is beyond happy having a nice new home to raise her pups.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Poor Baby. It's great that the police officer rescued her and knew just the right person to bring her and her puppies to.
    They are beautiful dogs! I'm sure you won't have a problem finding homes for them.

I do have a question though. How difficult is it for you to find homes for the momma dogs?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    Poor Baby. It's great that the police officer rescued her and knew just the right person to bring her and her puppies to.
    They are beautiful dogs! I'm sure you won't have a problem finding homes for them.

I do have a question though. How difficult is it for you to find homes for the momma dogs?
    Reachoutrescue, I was thinking the same thing ... will you readily find a home for mom-dog? She was sooooo thin when she came to you. Bless the police officer who knew what to do. Please give them a pat for me.

Edited after I read Gini's post to say: Agree completely, bless your heart too! Baby is such a pretty grey-brown color. I hope her coat fills out and I'm glad that she put on weight after she came to you.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 12-05-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    It is very difficult to find homes for the mamas. We still have Beautiful and we got her in June and her pups left in late August. I have a feeling that we will have Baby for a long while too. Adult dogs are very hard to place, especially out here in the Chicago area.

www.rornfp.org

These pictures make me smile! Baby is very pretty, and her pups are adorable. Good luck placing the rest of them. YOU DID GOOD!

All I can add is bless your heart too!

Be still my heart!!! They are soooooo precious!! Thanks so much Tracy for the great job you have done with her and the pups and everything else you do. We love you!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

THANK GOD that officer got them in time and you were kind enough to get them in and save their lives! It just brings tears to my eyes to see the momma so very thin... all of her body weight was going to feed her pups! I know your heart must be overjoyed at the outcome of this little family!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Poor girl
    I hope her and the rest of her pups find good homes soon.
    You do such good work
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee