Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelowna Meeting Details

Kelowna Meeting Details

I just realised that we don't really have a thread explaining all the details -- unless of course you read through the entire first thread which is just annoying to do.

It is Saturday, July 9th (to the 10th for those who spend the night). We will be meeting at Glenmore Off-leash Dog Park . I was thinking noon or early in the afternoon -- is that alright for everyone?

After a couple of hours, we are going to head up to Darley Retreat . It will take about 40 min to drive there from the dog park. My mom is going to come to the dog park near the end to pick up Timber (Timber won't be coming to the campsite), but she is going to drive to the campsite right after dropping Timber off because she will have alot of the food, so that's good for those who don't have transportation because my mom can fit alot of people in the van. Jynnelle says that she can fit a couple of extra people in her vehicle too (I understand that some people are coming to Kelowna with their parents but don't want their parents to come up to the campsite ).

I booked us the two big cabins at the campsite, but there will be several cabins left over, so we don't have to worry about fitting two people to a bed or anything. There is karaoke, foozball, a hot tub, games (we can't go without playing Balderdash! Jynnelle will make you laugh so hard ). I've been told that under no uncertain circumstances can we NOT have a campfire-- because apparently it's not "campish" enough without it.

Dogs are allowed to run around freely, given that they are supervised. There are bears and cougars in the area, and though there hasn't been any in the actual campsite for years, you still see them around the area. Obviously everyone has to poop scoop for their own dogs. The dogs are allowed to sleep inside the cabins, but if you want the dog to sleep on the bed with you, bring your own blankets -- I'll be bringing extra blankets for those who can't bring their own. I am hoping that some people will bring crates or X-pens, even if they won't use them, just so that it looks like we will use them LOL (extra assurance for my grandparents ).

I ask that everyone brings some sort of food; doesn't matter what kind of food. I also ask that, if you can, everyone bring some money (even if it's only a couple of bucks) to help pay for the cabins. I may be family, but I still have to pay for the cabins! The lights and music and everything are run by battery, so you can understand.

Jynnelle, Ashley, and I (and possibly Tasha if she isn't busy) will be going shopping the day before the meeting, so we will get a bunch of junk lol. We want this to be a great feast, so everyone help out! I'll be getting the ice cream cake for sure (obviously I'm the only one that CAN since it will melt any other way lol). I guess that when we go shopping we will get the stuff that needs to be cooked or kept cold. So we can get pizza, burgers, smokies, pop/juice etc. If people could bring buns, chips, trail-mix type things, that'd be great.

I think that's about it! If anyone would like ANY more information, please don't be afraid to ask. For those who are young and want to come up to the campsite without their parents, but their parents are worried, just PM me and I can give you my phone number and your parents can talk to my mom. My mom won't be coming (as if I'd let her come LOL), but she will be able to assure your parents better than I could that it's safe up there. My grandpa usually goes down to the site every hour to check up, and there are 3 houses outside the campsite. The creek is not deep enough to drown in, and there has never been a bear or cougar attack up there (besides, we'll have plenty of dogs around to keep any animals away). Some of the people going are adults, and there will be NO alcohol. So, once again, if anyone wants to know anything else, feel free to ask. I hope this thread helps to clear up anything. It's a good thing to go back to incase you forget anything lol.

Also, if you don't know how to get to the dog park, tell me closer to the date and I'll make up some directions.
    I've been BOO'd!

I'm really looking forward to it........40 more days until I get there.....

Oh besides me and the shmelties....I may have a very overweight pug with me.....

*Thanks Ashley*

38 days till the meeting!
    I've been BOO'd!

30 days until I arrive......mwahahahahaha!

*Thanks Ashley*

wow! I havent heard anything about this since a brief mention months ago that lin told me about. Id love to at least meet up with you guys at the dog park! unfortunately lin cant go seeing as she is now living in KY! lol
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Originally posted by veegan
    wow! I havent heard anything about this since a brief mention months ago that lin told me about. Id love to at least meet up with you guys at the dog park! unfortunately lin cant go seeing as she is now living in KY! lol
    You have to come! I want to meet Alki!!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

You have to come! I want to meet Alki!!

^__^ she is a charmer! Id love to come, but I need directions to figure out how long its gonna take me. if its a super long drive Ill have to think about it. and I may need to find a friend I can drag with me.

Margaret (the biped)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

That'd be great if you could come! Maybe drag along Jen?

Here are the directions from Seattle to Kelowna that I got on Mapquest. It says that it would take you just over 5 hours. That's really not too bad!
    I've been BOO'd!

Ill ask her but she prob wont wanna come lol

thanks for the directions! yeah 5 hrs isnt *too* bad

Margaret (the biped)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

Ughhh, bad news Jordo. I can't go anymore. They won't give me that weekend off cause they're expecting it to be really busy.

NO!! You HAVE to come!!! Isn't there ANYTHING you can do??? I think you're the sixth or seventh person to cancel...This is really discouraging...Can you ask for just two days off instead of the four or five you wanted before?
    I've been BOO'd!

I'll ask tomorrow.. I really hope they'll give me a couple days.

Why would they expect it to be so busy? The weekend before that is the long weekend. Are you guys not open on the long weekend or something? If you can't come I will seriously be really sad...I'm already really sad that Slick can't come...
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Why would they expect it to be so busy? The weekend before that is the long weekend. Are you guys not open on the long weekend or something? If you can't come I will seriously be really sad...I'm already really sad that Slick can't come...
    A coworker told me that they're really busy during the entire summer. And there's supposed to be a big movie that weekend or something..

NOO ASHLEY!!!!

YOU HAVE 2 COME!!!!

Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven