Thread: IMPORTANT! The dogs and cats need all PT's help

IMPORTANT! The dogs and cats need all PT's help

I know many of you have read my previous threads on our Centre County SPCA and our efforts to have the manager removed from his position. He has committed numerous summery offenses of Animal Cruelty however we have a hard time proving it because it is always one person's word against another. So Carol Nevin's came up with the idea of a petition. It is through the petition that we have learned how really desperate and awful the situation really is. We knew it was bad just not how bad. We gave the Board of Directors until May 2nd to respond to our petition of almost 600 signitures. This is their response.

Dear Carol:
    First, I want to thank you and everyone else who cares so much about the animals of Centre County, PA; it is with the help of volunteers that the animals stand a much better chance of having a good quality of life.
    The issues raised in your petition have been thoroughly investigated by the PASPCA and we have and will continue to work with all of our staff, statewide, to improve and ensure the quality of care of the animals entrusted to us.
    At this time, no action has been taken to remove any of these staff.
    I hope that you and some, if not all of those concerned, will stay involved. Help is desperately needed to raise Spay/Neuter funds; find good adoptive and foster homes; and raise consciousness of pet owners, in general, about these issues.
    Again, than you for your concern and best wishes, Mary Aull

So in other words...gee...thanks for the interest but we think all is fine...now give us more money and go away.

Well we are not going to go away. It is time for the cruelty that goes on there to STOP! It is time for this to NO LONGER BE CENTRE COUNTY'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRET.

I am asking for several things from you good people here at PetTalk.

First I am asking that you first sign the petition. Let them know that people from all over the country and around the world will NOT put up with this.

Secondly I am asking for you to write letters to the Board of Directors. Once again tell them that going to the shelter for a couple of hours is NOT fully investigating over a decade of abuse.

Thirdly I am asking for all of you that go to other websites to please cross post this. I want this information to go as far as we can get it to go.

There are several websites that I am going to post here. The first is the petiton website again.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1115150654

The second website is listed because you can only view the last 25 signitures therefore a website was created where you can read all of them. The names have been omitted for privacy reasons. But this information also needs to get out. The atrocities that have occured at the Centre County SPCA are horrible. They range from kittens left to die in their cages from blood loss and infection after having their toes chewed off by the dog below them to a horse that was left tied to an electric fence and shocked for hours. He was covered in cuts from trying to get away and his lower lip now hangs probably from brain damage but who knows.

http://www.petscomefirst.com/

you can also access the petition from the above site. The above stories were witnessed by former volunteers and employees of the Centre County SPCA

Below is a list of Board Members and the address of the PSPCA Headquarters in Philly:

Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
    350 E. Erie Ave.
    Philadelphia, PA 19134

(215) 426-6300

Mary L. Aull, President of the Board
    Erik Hendricks, Secretary and Executive Director

Additional Board Members:

Shauna Binswanger,
    Claudia Casavecchia,
    Richard H. Elliot,
    William N.Hawkins, Vice President
    Dr. Dean R. Hodges
    Paula M. Kielich,
    Rita Landis,
    Lynn C. Lehocky,
    Cynthia L. Loffel,
    Amy Metz
    Amy Norr, Assist. Treasurer
    Mark O’Brien, Treasurer
    Valerie O. Phillips,
    Richard Sperry,
    Suzanne Super,
    Harisse Yaron,
    Marcia J.Yoselson

Thank you very much for all your efforts in helping us. We have had some media attention from the local newspaper and 2 local tv stations. However, for the most part the local media has sided more with the SPCA. Centre County here is also known as Happy Valley. The local news likes to keep this image of a happy little place where life is ideal and nothing truly ugly or bad happens. Well it isn't. There is a big ugly blotch here that needs to be removed and we are going to do what we can to remove it.

Denyce

It's so great that you want to change things for the better and oust a bad manager. Probably a dumb question, but have you tried passing out fliers outlining all the horrid things done there? Places like Petsmart might be willing to help distribute fliers, as would any local rescue group. If there's anything like an Adoption Option where rescue groups congregate to adopt out pets, make them aware of the situation and I bet most would be willing to help distribute fliers.

While the more people you can get to sign the petition and write in to the board of directors will have some impact, what you really need is a strong local outcry. The more people in that shelter's area who say, "We're not going to stand for this!" the more likely you probably would be to see a change in that area. At least, that seems like the way it should work.

No not a dumb question at all. Carol who is the author of the petition is coming back into town this week. We are then getting together to plan our next strategy. This could include anything from picketing not only here but in philadelphia to lawsuits and everything in between. We already have some information out at the local Petco and we are waiting for our local pet shop to finish their move and we will get some information there. We also would like to get something in all the vet clinics in the area. There are a number of them here. This is only one area of attack. I also plan on sending letters to the State Attorny General, the PA Department of Ag Dog Law Department, the State Police, our judges and our local business and political community. We are going to make as much noise as possible

Denyce

Important

Hey, Denyce! The answer you got is NO ANSWER AT ALL! Your petition is signed, just wish I could sign a couple dozen more times. E-mails of this post are going to friends who are animal lovers and be assured when they see this they will be outraged! I guarantee you there will be more signatures on your petition. I intend to ask my friends to send it to their friends so there will be even more signatures. We need to make some NOISE here, Denyce! Please be sure to keep us updated. Good luck and success. For the animals
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I have signed as well and this is being forwarded to all my email friends and family. I have also posted this tread on catster.com & dogster.com

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Thank you soooo much everyone! The more noise the better!

I have signed as well.The same thing is happening,at a lot,of Shelters,where the Older people,who tyruly care,for the Animals,are being replaced,by people,who see the poor neglected animals,as just something,that keep them,from enjoying thier job.And they dont give a damn,and they should be The Animals Friends,and Allies,as these poor Creatures,of God,have noonoe,else,to turn,to,for love,and friendship.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I signed also...and will spread around!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Petition has been signed. Sure hope this helps. (((hugs))) to you for trying to make the changes necessary for proper care of our animals.

I signed, I wish there was more I could do for those poor animals though Good luck *big hugs*

I signed and I hope this helps.

I signed...please keep us posted as to what happens!

I signed! Hope it helps.