Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grahams P.T.

Grahams P.T.

I had Graham originally signed up for 5 weeks of P.T. at the place where he had his orthopedic surgery done and that was fine, even though they didn't specialize in physical therapy, nor did they have any specialized p.t. equipment. They mostly did stretches and massage therapy. I was OK with that until today when, by streak of luck, today in the Detroit Free Press newspaper, there was a huge, front page article on a pet rehabilitation center that specialized in rehabing all sorts of aliments from extreme obesity, to torn ligements, to spinal cord injuries and so on. I just couldn't believe there was a huge article about pet rehab so soon after Graham's cast removal. I called the place and they are absolutely WONDERFUL!!! They have SO much therapy equipment...they have something for every dog in need!

Needless to say, I canceled with the vet that did his surgery and set up an appointment with this new facility since it is so wonderful. Graham will be going for underwater treadmill therapy 3 times a week for at least 2 weeks, and more if necessary, then I'll take him once a week or so until he has built enough muscle in that leg.

Here's the newspaper article that turned me on to the wonderful rehab center:
    Detroit Free Press Article

And here is their website:
    Animal Rehabilitation Center Of Michigan

I am really excited about this place. They will get my Graham back on *all* of his feet again I will tell you all about it after I get back. Our first appointment is this coming Monday. I think it's such fate that there was that news article today. It really was amazing.

WOW, Leslie, it sounds like fate to me! Is this place close to where you live, too? What a wonderful thing to have for disabled pets. Graham is going to love it, I'm sure. It should help him a lot. I hope Graham gets to be 100% real quick!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Originally posted by Sudilar
    WOW, Leslie, it sounds like fate to me! Is this place close to where you live, too?
    It's a bit farther then the place where he had his surgery, but it's not too much of a drive. It will take maybe 45 minutes to get there! It took about 25 minutes to get to the place orthopedic surgeon

Pretty amazing that they would write a story about the rehab place now, huh? I just can't get over how much this seems like fate.

Good luck, Graham! This sounds like just what the doctor ordered!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Leslie,
    I think it must be fate & prayers that led you to
    this article. I'm so thrilled that you've found a place
    where Graham can get every advantage, and the
    latest medical advances in the field of therapy for
    recovering from his injury. I'm really not supprised
    to learn that so many people treat their pets as
    family.....They ARE family !!! I'm so happy for you
    guys... Very Best of Luck with this !!! Liz & Buddy.

This place sounds just like it's what Graham needs to get back into full form. I'm thrilled for you and please keep us posted!

Leslie, I just read this great article about the miracles of Pet Theraphy (one of my Dream Jobs), and immediately thought about Graham. I'm so happy you're taking him to P.T. and can't wait to hear about it.
    Good luck sweet Graham. I hope you recover fully in no time.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Leslie - I just have to say again that you're such a wonderful and caring Mom. Such dedication you've given to this super pup of yours. And by the way - I don't recall you ever giving us details on what really happened that day Graham went off the balcony. Did you ever get to the bottom of it. Did you ever approach your landlord or the repair guy on this?

Leslie, Underwater treadmill therapy! I need to come and join Graham. His guardian angel was looking out for him! Keep us posted and take a picture if possible. I'd love to see him on the treadmill. Mr.

AWESOME!! See things do usually work out! I'm so happy you found this place! I can't wait to hear about how Graham's appt goes!

I think that would be wonderful, I'm sure it will help Graham tremendously, I think it is fate that it should show up in the newspaper at the right time. Good luck Graham and let us all know how it all turns out.
    Jackie

WOW Leslie!! It surely was fate that you found that article at just the right time!! What a blessing for dear Graham to have real doggie P.T.!!!! The water therapy will be especially beneficial! Now you have to take pics of Graham during his workout! LOVE YOU Grahamster!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 01-20-2002 at 04:35 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sounds Great! So glad you found this place!

Just found this thread and I am so excited. This sounds EXACTLY what Graham will be able to benefit from. Just ideal. It certainly wasn't an accident that the article appeared and you saw it. I think it was a little bit more than fate. I think Pet Talk prayers have been answered here.

Did he go to his first session yesterday? Update please when you have a minute.

Yes, we were wondering how everything went. Let us know when you can!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue