Yesterday I decided to trim the cat's claws. Yeah, you know where this is heading....

Zam complained but I got her trimmed.

Logan has been such a love bug lately that I figured I might be able to trim his.

I was able to get one claw trimmed.

Then he told me what he thought about that.

I am out of big bandages so I had three bandaids on this till the bleeding stopped.

This is not the worst battle scar I have, just the only one I have photo proof of.

The first time I was ever attacked by a cat was by Chance.

Who me?!

He was SUPPOSED to be fixed at 6 months of age, but the vets only removed the hernia he had at the time and forgot to neuter him. We paid for both procedures.

He was a great cat up to 5 years of age and one night he just went ballistic on the other cats in the house. I took him to my room to give him a time out.

I set him on the bed, he turned around and leapt at my face. I had thrown my arms up in an effort to protect my face.

I ended up with three long gashes from wrist to elbow on my right and left arms. Punture wounds on my forehead, lips and chin.

The only remaining visible scars are the ones hidden in my left eyebrow and one perfectly horizontal just above the bridge of my nose.

The doctors say I'm lucky I was wearing glasses. Had I not, I'd probably be blind in my left eye. Instead, his claws snagged on my glasses and knocked them off.

I've never seen so much blood. My sister said I looked like an actress in one of those B rated horror flicks. My face ended up becoming black and blue and many thought I'd either been in a car wreck or that my boyfriend had taken a bat to me. The gouges on my arm took longer to heal so many assumed I was suicidal.

I guess it does sound funny when you say you've been attacked by a cat.

Chance went to the vet the next day and because he was intact, he had a hormonal imbalance. He was kept there over the weekend for observation and promptly neutered. The vets were sorry.

Aside from that I've received a few gouges across my chest from Logan (hence how he got his name...he's a little Wolverine that likes to use his claws ), and that nasty bite he gave me that sent me to the hospital.

I've never been attacked by a dog or any other animal. Just cats.

But how can you stay mad at a face like this?

So, have any of you had nasty run ins with pets or other animals and do you still carry scars?

Be it cats, dogs, birds, ect...