Thread: An Update on my foster, Ophelia

Hybrid View

An Update on my foster, Ophelia

Link to original thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=58038

No pictures yet, CiCi's hubby is slacking a bit... I'll try and get my camera to work and I'll post some pictures tonight.

My vet came to see Ophelia last night after CiCi had to force feed her. She aparently has really bad teeth, but seems healthy otherwise. I held her for about a half and hour and she purred almost the whole time. Yay! She seems comfortable in our arms, just not outside of them. I wanted to take her home so badly, just to be with her, but not with my kitties.

We're contemplating keeping her. Well, CiCi is. With time, she may be fine and fit in...who knows. We'll just have to see.

For now, she's safe and is going to get an injection to stimulate her appetite and an anti-inflammatory for her mouth tonight when I go visit her.

She's such a sweet little thing. I'm so glad I was working last weekend!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Someone ought to go after her prior owners for not maintaining Ophelia's basic health needs. Perhaps she was peeing inappropriately due to mouth pain, 2° to bad teeth. Wonder when the last time she was seen by a Vet?

People like that should be shot - or made to sit in a cage for a few days

Originally posted by Grace
    Wonder when the last time she was seen by a Vet?

People like that should be shot - or made to sit in a cage for a few days
    She was a patient where I work. All she was ever brought in for were vaccines. She's probably never had an exam.

When she starts to feel a bit better, we're going to give her a bath (she had fleas and she's dirty) and take her in for bloodwork and urinalysis. Just to make sure she's OK.

As far as your cage comment. I agree 100%!! I think I say that almost once a day. I think it would give people a whole new view on what an animal lives like.

Poor little girl! I'm so glad she is comfortable with you holding her. That will hopefully help her come around quicker.

Thanks for the update.

From Decker with Love

Thanks for saving the sweet girl, Kelly. You are her angel I can't WAIT for pics!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I remember that kitty after I re-read the first post and I say again, if you are not ready to committ to a lifetime...DON'T GET ONE!! This is so cruel to the animals! GRRRrrrrrrr!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

These people sound even worse now! A four year old cat should not be having probelms with their teeth already. I hope she calms down, relaxes and enjoys her foster home... I hope that CiCi decides to keep her!

Oh Kelly ..... that is so great to hear that she enjoys being held in your arms ... of course, she'd be crazy not too! hehehe!!! She is a smart girl, and knows true love, now that she's finally seen it ... bless her heart!

Thank you for the update on her, and I pray that she will continue to thrive, and ummmm go home with Cici!

Oh, btw, I am enjoying the book immensely .... I read it before bed each night .... it helps me settle down instead of lying there obsessing as I usually do!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thanks for the update Kelly!!!
    poor thing, She sounds like a sweetie.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Oh, btw, I am enjoying the book immensely .... I read it before bed each night .... it helps me settle down instead of lying there obsessing as I usually do!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Oh good!! I'm so glad, Kim!

Poor baby, just wanting to be cuddled like that. It's heartbreaking. I hope things work out for her.

The Found Cats,and I thank You,for feeding,ad giving Ophelia,a Furr Evrr Home,with all her health problems! Bless You,for being there,when she needed you,the Most!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS