Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Washington state PT'ers

Washington state PT'ers

Hey al you western washington pter's I'm going to be in Mt. Vernon the week ofOct.25th I would love to meet you and see all the great freinds from here. I will have a car so I can get just about anywhere. I won't have my kids with me but may borrow moms dauchy .

bump

Where is Mt. Vernon in relation to Seattle? I can get to Seattle in about 4 hours.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Its about 60 miles north between Bellingham and Everett. Slick that would be so cool to met you .

I'll keep you posted Corinna because I think it may be doable for me. Tell me the days that you will be there. Monday to Friday? Sunday to Saturday????

I do work full time but I may be able to swing a day off. If I'm travelling to the States I like to stay overnight because it's so time-consuming to get across the border. When I met Laurie in Seattle, I left at 8:00 in the morning and got to Seattle at Noon. They are really really picky at the border now and if I don't have a passport with me, I don't get in, regardless.

Anyway, let me know your plans and maybe I can work it in. Would just LOVE to meet you too!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I'll be there sunday to sat. My scheduale is really flexable as hubby is working I'm not. I was hoping that some of the Everett and Seattle will be avalible too. I will defianatly keep you informed. You are in BC? You pass Mt.Vernon as you go to Seattle.

Thanks Corinna. I'll let you know closer to the date if it's a go or not and what day I can come down.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I did have a major program install happening that week but I've managed to put it off until first week of November....

so I can come down!!!!!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Yahooo!!!!! I am going to pm some of the others and see if you can get a bunch to gether.

Originally posted by slick
    If I'm travelling to the States I like to stay overnight because it's so time-consuming to get across the border. When I met Laurie in Seattle, I left at 8:00 in the morning and got to Seattle at Noon. They are really really picky at the border now and if I don't have a passport with me, I don't get in, regardless.
    Sorry to butt in, but really?? I just drove from Calgary to Wyoming and back again and I had no trouble at the border what so ever. I don't have a passport either. Are they just more strict at where you cross over?? (I crossed over into Montana). I was nervous though because I had heard stories of it being hard to get in, but they didn't even ask my for proof of my dogs rabies shots. Maybe I was just lucky?
    I will be crossing through the border again in 3 days on my way to Vegas, so we'll see if it's as easy or not.

And to keep it related, I wish I could come but it's a tad far for me right now, especially after my two big trips. Maybe next time.

*Thanks Ashley*

I'd love to have another PT Meeting Mt. Vernon less than an hour drive from my home so I could make it up there easily I'm sure Margaret (veegan) and Brock could possibly tag along as well. Hopefully Jennifer and Gigi too I'll talk to them about it tomorrow!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    Are they just more strict at where you cross over?? (
    Sorry you can't make it.
    My family and I crossed the border in June and my Mom who is 80 does not have a passport (and silly me forgot mine) and only had with her an expired driver's license. They told us then that if the alert level was any higher we would be turned away. Myself, I'm glad they are so strict.

Lindsey, I'm soooo looking forward to meeting you too!!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I've been through the Blaine/Surrey border crossing several times very recently and have had no problems. It can be an hour wait at times, but generally we haven't been hassled at all. I'm actually going across the border again tomorrow, so I'll see how it is then as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you as well

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Corinna, as per my last PM I didn't think I was going to know until week of Oct 18th but I got the OK now.

I'm coming down morning of October 26 and will stay overnight and come back October 27th!

So come on you Seattle people. Who else is going to join us?

Yipeee! Can hardly wait.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Aww... wish I could go!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*