Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got the shedding blade!

Finally got the shedding blade!

I've meantioned that Rocky and Taz have started shedding like devils. I've tried everything, all kinds of grooming tools, brushes, wipes, oils, etc. Nothing gets it all. Then I got the shedding blade the Miss Edwina likes so much.

Last night, I tried to take the boys into the garage for the combing, but that didn't work out as the garage makes them think they're going to the vet.

So, I put them in a huge box full of paper- kitty heaven. Then started the shedding blade. OH, you'd think they had lost control of their functions. Apparently, the shedding blade FEELS GOOD! They just collapsed into it and started purring and rubbing their heads. It was hilarious.

Anyway, I worked on them for about an hour. Got two huge hair clumps from Taz, then 4 from Rocky. These clumps are as big as both my hands open palms up.

I highly recommend the shedding blade. They recommend doing it weekly. And, since the boys like it so much, I probably will.

Here are the pics from our first shedding blade experience.
    Here's Taz getting ready, hanging out in the box:

Here is the first hairball-
    Note: Taz had 2 of these and Rocky lost 4! Size of each hair ball was approximatly two hands palms open.

Whew, I feel better now!

I am interested in getting one of those for my guys. Where did you pick it up?

PetSmart was the only place I found one for cats, but I'm sure your local pet store has them too. But Petco does not.

Thanks, I have a PetSmart a few miles away. But I definitely like your idea of "kitty heaven". I think that I will have to try that for all of my guys (4 of them)

Originally posted by 2kitties

Hey, I guess you could easily knit a third kitten out of this stuff...
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I bought my shedding blades at Agway.

I posted last week that Mystic was making a toupe for her daddy with all the fur she looses, but I have yet to get a picture of her daddy wearing his toupe. Mystic will actually yowl and yip at me when she sees the grooming tools. It is so funny. If she is out in the backyard all you have to do is yell "Mystic Groom Time" and she comes running.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Hmmmmm, I almost got one of those this week, but picked up on like they had at Wolflady's shelter cause it worked so well. I think its cause all those shelter cats are shedding and don't get brushed.

Hmm....I think I'll be going to PetSmart today. Thanks for the great, CONVINCING pictures.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I think I too need to get one of those. Terra is always shedding and this year has been the worse yet. Despite my grooming her everyday with the Zoom Groom, she's still yacking up hairballs at the rate of nearly every other day. Time for a new too and this sounds (and looks ) like a winner!

Woa Mystick lost a bunch. That's about how much I got from Taz, but Rocky is my furriest boy. It just kept on coming off him. Poor thing, he must feel better now without all that hair!

The shedding blade was amazing. I'd tried absolutly everything. Until this, my best success was with the rubber brush. But, this was far and away the best.

I agree, that the shedding blade is the absolute best thing around for grooming cats. Tubby has never looked so good or felt so soft in his entire 17 years!

I brush him now every chance I get, and every time I brush him I get at least a pile like you show here. I really don't know where he gets all that hair.

And he likes being groomed also, but I always seem to push it too far. I want to do his tummy, and he absolutely hates when anyone touches his tummy. So he starts making these noises like I'm killing him or something. Terry comes running out to see who's killing the cat, and I'm sure the neighbors wonder what's going on too, but I gotta do it or he would look kinda strange - all sleek and shiny up top and all fluffy and hair down below.

I absolutely highly recommend these.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Ok, would someone please fill me in on this shedding blade? I must have missed the orginal post about it, and have no idea WHAT this is! But, it does sound interesting! Is it a machine? Can you post a picture of it? Any info would help.....Thanks!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I want one!! I don't even know if they have them here .. we don't have a Petco or Petsmart store =/

This is the original post.

They're big hairballs

We brush ours and go over them with a lint remover, but the shedding blade looks much more effective!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I've had one for awhile, but everytime I use it I end up getting so much hair up my nose and around my face that I end up getting sick. When I would use it I would have to take a shower immediatly to get rid of the cat hair on me. Maybe I should try wearing one of those face masks next time I use it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!