Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Black and White Cats

kudos to Bari-d

Great tribute to the classy kitties! Manypictures but well worth the wait - some really gorgeous cats featured!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

i love my cat even though i dont have her anymore i miss her so much and seh was black and white and named pearl and was an angel sent from heaven

Hello iluvpearlalways4ever

We certainly understand the special place furrbabies leave in all our hearts. If you would like a photo of Pearl placed on our Rainbow Bridge page http://www.cathappy.com/rainbow.htm
    please email me at [email protected] and send me a photo of her. We have many special furr friends already there. Enjoy your memories...they are precious

Bari

Here's a picture that looks almost exactly like my parents cat Murphy Black. I got this out of a Cat Fancy magazine but it could be her twin. Unfortunately she had to be put to sleep last year because she was very sick. I believe that it was exactly a year ago today. She was only 10 years old and her mother was a Siamese purebred of some kind.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi, I'm new to this thread and am having so much fun checking out everyone's furbabies. I love the black and whites. My alpha cat is Taz. He's not quite 1 yet. Rocky came along in early June. He's close to 6 months now. Taz is black- but he boast ONE white hair on his neck. Rocky's a tux with a split profile. If you want to check them out and see a slice of life, go to my website by clicking on the www button in this reply.
    As far as character traits of the black and whites go, I'm not sure. But I will tell you how my boys are. Taz is very mellow and laid back. He will only fight over one particular toy. everything else, he'll just let Rocky take away. He also ony makes small, quiet noises once in a while.
    Rocky is a terror! He finds fun in everything, especially driving taz crazy. Rocky got his name because when he came to our house, Taz beat him up for quite a while. Now they're best buds and a great team. Rocky talks all the time and he loves to play in the running faucet. We have long conversations every morning.

2kitties, I checked out your website and I love the photos of your cats! Rocky seems to be quite the character! Your cats look like they could be brothers but I guess they aren't related other than good looks!

Originally posted by 2kitties
    . Rocky talks all the time and he loves to play in the running faucet. We have long conversations every morning. [/B]
    Another trait that Rocky and Ritzy have in common (hmm..sounds like a dance duo)...We have many "conversations" with Ritz in the morning, particularly during what we have dubbed as "coffee chat" - she is particularly vocal while we are running the water, putting the filter, grinding the beans....it is so funny, we have come to start answering her back. "OH, oh, REALLY, and then what did you do?" Mrrroorrrwww "Ahh, I see!"....

People who don't understand cats would think we were nuts

Originally posted by tuxluvr

Another trait that Rocky and Ritzy have in common (hmm..sounds like a dance duo)...We have many "conversations" with Ritz in the morning, particularly during what we have dubbed as "coffee chat" - she is particularly vocal while we are running the water, putting the filter, grinding the beans....it is so funny, we have come to start answering her back. "OH, oh, REALLY, and then what did you do?" Mrrroorrrwww "Ahh, I see!"....

People who don't understand cats would think we were nuts
    Hee hee. I think my conversations with Rocky are what keep me SANE. And, like you, I pretend to understand "cat" and talk right back in "english." He seems to understand.
    Taz could care less. He just turns around and grunts before leaving the room.

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz

Wow! I can't wait to see her pictures.
    Here is a picture of my cat Nera. She is 2 yo and all black but has one white spot on her belly.

It is really hard to take pictures of a all black cat!! Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! LOL
    Last edited by ownerof3dogs; 10-24-2002 at 11:37 PM.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Originally posted by ownerof3dogs

Here is a picture of my cat Nera. She is 2 yo and all black but has one white spot on her belly.

It is really hard to take pictures of a all black cat!! Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! LOL
    This is the same problem that I have with Pepper. Here's another picture of him.

...Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! ...
    But doesn't she look like she should be in a painting by Monet? An absolute piece of impressionistic art. Beautiful, so beautiful!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by AmberLee

But doesn't she look like she should be in a painting by Monet? An absolute piece of impressionistic art. Beautiful, so beautiful!

Yes, exactly! More attention to that glorious fur and striking eyes! I took a picture of my niece's cat and had the same difficulty, but after looking at the picture....well, see for yourself...oh, and Yoda also has a little white "spiff" of fur on her tummy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No kidding!!! I have the same problem with Taz. All the pics turn out to be a black blob.
    Nera is a beauty.

Getting caught up!

Hello everyone! I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to check posts, and gee I sure have missed some beautiful furrbabies!!! Murphy Black, Nera and Pepper are all wonderful, as is the beautiful photo Tuxluvr (hi there!) did of Yoda!

Oh, and 2 kitties, I visited your web page and looked at your babies - how precious! Great web page, by the way!

It is very true that black cats are difficult to photograph. Natural light is really the only way I ever get anything, and that is difficult. Flash seems to just reflect and all I get is eyes! I take many, many photos of Panther and Scarlet that never turn out, but I still like to show them off - here are they web pages!

http://www.cathappy.com/panther.htm
    http://www.cathappy.com/scarlet.htm

Bari

What a terrific pride you have! Thanks for adding Rocky and Taz to your site.
    Your pics of the black cats are beautiful. Certainly better than the black blobs I usually get. Maybe its the models!!