Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Looks as if Alexander flies to Az .We LOST.I think? Not as bad news as first thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Wow...yes how to word it. Wow. I am trying to think back to being six.

hmm....Daddy and Grandma are flying back for a couple of days to tell the judge that you are staying with Daddy and Mere. Can you help them?

Well, there is a really nice man there. He is a judge. And Daddy can tell him things, and so can Grandma - but the most important person to talk to the nice judge is YOU. That way you can tell him yourself what you want, cause you are the most important person here.

Am trying to think of a way to convey to Alex that he is IMPORTANT and HELPFUL here...to empower him a bit so he doesn't feel like a victim. Which poor lad can't help it.

Again, clumsy wording - but I would hope that might trigger a few ideas?

HUGS
    I am so wired with coffee right now!!!! Why is it, when I get nervous, I reach for the nervous stuff!!!!

anyway , I think the second line is "paragraph" is on an excellent thought wave here. He is "important" , good note!!!!

Agreed and we will think on how to say it with the least stress. I do not plan on telling him until Sunday night.

Okay, did errands and thought some more...

I think your idea of no stress is good - rather than blow it up with 'it's all about Alex' - I mean, we know it is, but not to put all the burden on him.

So quietly, as you indicated. Some ideas in point form:

1. Daddy and Grandma are flying etc etc
    2. They want you to come with them IN CASE they need your help(or something like that). Because you are the most important person, you will be a big help.
    3. And when you come back (one, two sleeps), we'll go for ice cream (or whatever is his favourite treat)!

The whole gist of it being: This trip is a good thing. (thank you, Martha)

Dr G (can't recall your first name), you and Alex's dad can get all this info - but YOU have the advantage of knowing him and how to talk to him. It'll be okay! Like I told my sister - "Whatever happens, it will be ok."

hugs and prayers
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Okay, did errands and thought some more...

I think your idea of no stress is good - rather than blow it up with 'it's all about Alex' - I mean, we know it is, but not to put all the burden on him.

So quietly, as you indicated. Some ideas in point form:

1. Daddy and Grandma are flying etc etc
    2. They want you to come with them IN CASE they need your help(or something like that). Because you are the most important person, you will be a big help.
    3. And when you come back (one, two sleeps), we'll go for ice cream (or whatever is his favourite treat)!

The whole gist of it being: This trip is a good thing. (thank you, Martha)

Dr G (can't recall your first name), you and Alex's dad can get all this info - but YOU have the advantage of knowing him and how to talk to him. It'll be okay! Like I told my sister - "Whatever happens, it will be ok."

hugs and prayers

Well said, You are providing a splendid communcation method here.

Well we will be using the Grandma card as he hadn't seen her in almost 18 months (mom wouldn't allow even phone contact) and since he has seen her nearly everyweekend here and can talk to her as often as I do( about every other day I adore my mum in law !) I think that will overshadow most worry not that he wont be worried (he has plenty on his head ) but because Gramma is a fun safe person. If you guys think I am off base here let me know before Sunday night so I can rethink strategy!

BTW Gary will call at noon on sunday I will post any updates.

Your mother in law sounds like a real stress reliever. You and your family have all the right ingredients in place ,I'm confident that you and your husband can and will approach the subject the best way you can.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers just the same.

Kathy Thank you, once again I am a maneless lion.

Dear Dr.Goodnow,

For the past two days I have had the song , "If I were the king , of the Foreeeeeeeeeeest!!!! as sung by Bert Lahr, on my mind!!!!!

Don't worry about the mane, his suit weighed more than 80 pounds, he sweat like a butcher and had to eat , through a straw, during filming!!!!!

Besides, it's just to danged hot for a mane as it is!!!

What makes a King out of a Slave, COURAGE!!!

What causes the flag on the mast to wave, COURAGE!!!!....don't get me started RuffffffffH, RuffffffffH!!!!!

Hey, if Grandma is the big safety card, go for it!

Looking forward to updates!

It's too much like a Disney movie plot to hope...but if his mom sees him and how much BETTER he is, wouldn't it be nice if she just gave up?

Oh well.

Prayers and hugs, always!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It would be wonderful. However as I said for her this isn't about Alex it is about money.

I have prayed this morning,mostly for all of you to have a raft to cling to during this storm. I also included a prayer that his Mother will be safely removed from his future, and that she will be willing to find peace on a new and different road. (one that is far off Alex's beaten path)

do you think she can afford to be there on Tues.? ( I think that is the court date)

Kathy she lives in AZ so yes she will be there.

Yes, I knew she did, I was just curious if she had the nerve to actually show up I used the wrong word, *afford* in this case. I was thinking on the lines that she might have dug to China , realizing that her gig was up!!! Money or no.

I doubt it according to her email she will be calling the FBI to report Alex kidnapped as his return date was today. (she can't make it stick ) The police to have us arrested for abuse by denying him his flight home today. The authorities to forcibly take him and fly him back. It goes on and on. I forwarded the email to Gary and I am waiting on him to call. Karen should be singing right about now so we lit a candle to help her prayers and ours fly heavenward.