Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sunny's Doing Well & Pearl's Now Doing Much Better!!!:Latest SKY Update 6-17-09

Pearl's still having diarrhea and I've now seen her doing this at least 2 times now. My vet said that maybe we should change her diet to a more highly digestable one. Since she has Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex,I'm afraid that a new diet will make her break out on her lips again. I want to wait several more days to see if the Forti Flora will kick in and help her. Please continue to send prayers and positive vibes her way. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that, Tracey. Prayers and positive thoughts continuing.

I am so sorry- hope the little girl will be better soon. We keep the paws crossed.

Prayers continue for poor little Pearl; I hope something kicks in as a curative. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions...

Maggie

Thanks again everyone. I heard back from my vet again and the plan is to give Pearl the Forti Flora for 2 weeks and hopefully by then we'll see some improvement. If not then I guess I'll be forced to change her diet. I'm still very glad and thankful that she's using the box like a good girl.

I sure hope that it works for Pearl. Once I started Puddy on it, I never took her off. She really liked it, too, so that was a good thing. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thinking good thoughts for Pearly girl.

Thanks everyone. I'm still finding some pancakes in the litter boxes but I don't think it's as much as before so hopefully in a few days Pearl's tummy will settle down.

here's hoping the best for Pearl! I know you your kitty.

Update On Pearl

I just wanted to let everyone know that Pearl is finally doing much better. Sky was also starting to have mushy runny stools and he had been on the same antibiotics that Pearl had been on. I also started him on the Forti Flora and so far so good. I just wish that my vet had thought of this a long time ago. I'm going to continue it for a while and hopefully they'll both continue to do well without it but if not then I'll just continue to give it to them. Thanks again for all of the prayers and concerns.

Forti Flora is even ok to sprinkle on their food even if they don't have mushy stools. It sure was great for Puddy. I'm glad that it's working out for you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Promising news.

oh I'm so glad they are doing better. what is forti flora? where do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by allmycats View Post
    oh I'm so glad they are doing better. what is forti flora? where do you get it?
    Thanks. Fortiflora is a probiotic powder that you can get through your vet. Since the antibiotics were so strong they also killed off their good bacteria so now I'm trying to replinish it with the Fortiflora. Sky's thrown up a few times after taking it though and I saw some more blood in his stool last night. I hope he'll clear up soon.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many troubles. I'm glad things are starting to look up, I hope they will continue to get better.