Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Japser UPDATE 10-17-2010 new photos

That really is some incision and I'm very sure Jasper is feeling disoriented and unhappy, but he will heal and the meds will help. Poor baby, give him a gentle hug and kiss for me.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Wow, that sure is a big incision! He has his pain meds in him now and the healing has already begun, Jen, so try not to worry too much. The really difficult part is over. I'm sure he's a little confused but he'll improve daily, you'll see.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm glad came through the surgery ok. The incision does look big, but
    Jasper looks like a big boy. I hope he heals up quickly & completely.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Poor baby is so "zonked" out. I do know that the torbitol (pain med) makes them sleepy.

It is actually GOOD that he is not rambuncious. But it is hard to see him just lying there.

The vet said only to worry after 3 days of not eating, but I am going to start "bribing" him with goodies tonight to get that appetite going.

I can't wait to have my lap buddy back.

Speedy recovery wishers for Jaspar!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Jasper. What a handsome fellow. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Amy

I must say, I am very proud of Jasper. He was having trouble getting a footing to stand insie the cage, so I took him out on the carpet.

He struggled to stand........

He took his first few hops....

Then he made a bee-line for the nearest litter box, got in and peed like he was holding it since yesterday.

Mind you, there is a litter box in his holding cage, but it is not "regulation size" . I thought a smaller one would leave more room for him, but NOOOO, he wanted his regulaer old potty box.

Now we need to get him to eat.

Awww Jasper, glad you came through your surgery well. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

Torbitrol will make them sleepy, higher doses = more sleepy. Dusty was on that the last month or so we had her and she was only on 1/8 of a 50mg? tablet a day, but in her case it was only to help with arthritis pain not a surgery.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    I must say, I am very proud of Jasper. He was having trouble getting a footing to stand insie the cage, so I took him out on the carpet.

He struggled to stand........

He took his first few hops....

Then he made a bee-line for the nearest litter box, got in and peed like he was holding it since yesterday.

Mind you, there is a litter box in his holding cage, but it is not "regulation size" . I thought a smaller one would leave more room for him, but NOOOO, he wanted his regulaer old potty box.

Now we need to get him to eat.

Wow, what a trooper. Keep getting better Jasper.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He ate a bit of tuna flavored Fancy Feast Appetizers.

And he is on 1/2 a 5mg tablet of torb 2 times a day. So he's groggy.

That is awesome and so encouraging to hear Jasper is already trying to hop. I wish Jasper a speedy recovery; he's already on his way. Take care.

You are wonderful, Jasper! Sweet dreams, baby - of tasty chicken, delicious fish, and all kinds of tempting delicacies...

Love, Columbine

I am sending Jasper tons of my love!!*kiss*, *kiss*, *kiss*, <<HUGS, HUGS, HUGS>>
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Jasper is doing great, in my opinion.

He is now eating, less than usual, but enough.

He was more "awake" this morning, but of course he was coming off the torb.. and of course he got more this morning...so he'll be sleepy again all day.

But he can't be out of his cage unsupervised while we are at work, so sleepy is good!!

But he has a little walk this morning before breakfast and he's learing to cope.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I am so sorry I missed that hard decision- but I am so glad Jasper is doing comparatively well.
    I hope he has some wonderful time to live with you- I am sure he can cope. Cats are much better than humans with this