Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do your dogs sleep?

Marino the French Bulldog sleeps not only on the bed,but in it. He is very adept at lifting back the cover with a paw. And as I live in Scotland which is decidedly chilly he makes a lovely hot water bottle.

Elmer the Brussels Griffon, or Griffon Bruxellois, as we call him, sleeps in his crate at one side of the bed, and Arturo, the Chihuahua pup , on the other, both wrapped up very snugly.

I am a widow, but when my husband was alive, and we were first married, he said, 'no dogs on the bed', but guess where the dogs slept? Yes, you're right.
    Juanita

Ok ... let's see .....

Pepper sleeps under the covers, wrapped around my feet. If I turn over, she waits untils I am still, and repositions herself around my feet again. Wonderful! I never have cold feet!

Vanilla and Georgie sleep under the covers, curled up beside me, as close as they can possibly get. If I would let them sleep on my head, they would be happier.

Lucky and Wishbone sleep on top of the covers, curled up against my back or legs. Lucky prefers to sleep with my son, on the top bunk. He carries her up there at night and carries her back down in the morning. Goofy dog. But most of the times he doesn't want to sleep with a dog, so she has to sleep with me.

Keito, Queenie, Lacie, Jack, Thunder and Basil sleep on the floor, on their dog beds. They are "touch-me-not" dogs who like their personal space when they sleep.

I am never cold at night, that's for sure!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Louie sleeps with us.... My husband started that when he was a puppy.... It started with, "Honey, it's OK if he sleeps with us tonight isn't it." To which I told him, "If he comes to bed with us now be prepared to share the bed for the rest of his life." My husband has been known to go sleep on the couch so as not to disturb Louie or the Beans.

And yes, Louie does sleep this way most of the night!

I have to change my earlier answer...Up until about 2 weeks ago, Cincy always slept on the floor. I don't know if she read here that somany other dogs were sleeping in the big bed or what, but now she sleeps with us, between Ralph and I with her head on one of our pillows.

Malone sleeps in his crate right next to our bed. HOWEVER, we just ordered our new bedroom set, which includes a queen sized bed!! So my dear hubby, bless his heart, said that if Malone can be good, then he can sleep with us! YES!!

yaay! i can finally post under this thread

mickey sleeps in his cage thats in the hallway on the main floor. it's on the side of the stairs and it makes a kinda circle, so he's got that whole area as his spot

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Ruby has to sleep with one of her family members. She usually sleeps with whoever goes to bed first. Unless I get home late she waits up to make sure I get home safe then she sleeps with me. She always sleeps with either my parents or myself

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Cisco would def. be found in the bed with my hubby and myself!!
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Chester sleeps in the bed always on my left side. There are varying positions (some take over the bed), but he's always on the left side. Under the covers. Love it this time of year, but in the summer we use no covers and he still makes me too hot. I literally can't sleep without him.

psstt...welcome to pet talk micki! your name is like my pup's name

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Riley either sleeps at the foot of my bed, on the left side of me, or under the bed. He won't go to sleep without someone in the room either.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they go when I die."
    "A watchdog is a dog kept to guard your home, usually by sleeping where a burglar would awaken the household by falling over him."