Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remember me? (update: more bathroom news)

Wow, that's real bad water damage that's been happening there. I hope those guys seal everything off so that it doesn't happen again.

"I'm Back !!"

Thanks for your support everyone!

I'm feeling exhausted and worn out today, it's the third day of my "isolation" in my bedroom where I'm spending my days now with Luna and Lily while the workers are doing their job.

Right now, they're setting up the new tub, and as far as I can tell, they're doing a good job. Of course, the work is not progressing as quickly as they hoped for, because there are always some complications you did not expect.

Too me, it feels like I'm already living for an eternity like this, and yet it is still the beginning, and still a long way to go. What would I give if I could take a shower! And it sucks to wash my hair or brush my teeth in the kitchen sink! Then again, I'm thinking of all these people who have lost their entire homes lately in natural disasters, like Haiti, Pakistan, or now, Indonesia, which is so much worse. But I would love to have my life back!

Day 5 of my bathroom renovation. They started to tile the walls today.

Again, I'm spending the day with Luna and Lily in the bedroom. Both of them are really good girls, they accept the unsettling situation without complaining, they're really sweet.

Kirsten, I can't remember the extent of your health issues, but if arthritis is one of them it is a documented fact that mold WILL (not might) be detrimental to your condition. I have psoriatic arthritis and it was spelled out to me in no uncertain terms that I was NOT to come near any mold. Mold is also really bad for any pulmonary issues.

I have great faith that ridding your home of this will make you feel a lot better; the kitties might feel better, too! Keep us posted.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

IF you are worried that the fungus from the mold may be part of your problem I have been reading up on natural ways to handle mold in the body... One way is if you can get some Pau D'arco Tea, make it and drink it and they say that kills any fungus in the body.

Also Tumeric... 1 tsp. is a glass of water drink daily... rinse your mouth and brush your teeth after wards to avoid staining of your teeth.

If I even suspected those antibiotics didn't get rid of that sinus infection, these were what I was going to try next since I have been exposed to a lot of mold over a long period of time.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Laura, I'll check that out; wonder if this tea is available here.

Well, the good news is... It's done!!

The workers finished their job the day before yesterday, and after that, I had to wait for 24 more hours before I could start cleaning and putting my things back into the new bathroom.

Here's what it's now looking like:

I'm really happy with the result, and it was soooo good to take a shower (after washing myself in the kitchen sink for one and half week)!! And it feels good to have my privacy back!

WoW looks so much differant && So much better.. I would be happy too.. Congrats that its all done..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Blog Entries
    It looks beautiful. It was worth the wait & a lot safer now. Enjoy!

Wow, looks beautiful. You must be sooooo glad to get the workmen
    out of your place, finally. I am like you in that regard, I hate the mess
    and disruption of renovation, but usually love the result.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great news. Looks nice too!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Just beautiful!

Enjoy your showers and I hope getting rid of the mold helps you feel better too.

What do the girls think of the renovations?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Your new bathroom looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Wow. Nice job.
    You must be very happy Kirsten.

"I'm Back !!"

That's beautiful, Kirsten!

Can I come over and take a shower?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd give you a brief update. Not much going on here, except that my health is going downhill quickly; I'm contantly feeling ill now. Also, it feels like I've got another disc hernia, at least my back feels like that for a while now. Would be #3...

I've applied for disability pension yesterday, sadly, there's no other choice left. It's depressing, as this means a life in poverty. I won't get much of a pension, so the rest would have to be paid by welfare. At this point, I seriously doubt that I can stay in my apartment. It's not even the rent itself that's too much, but the costs for electricity and heating. Got a horrible gas bill last Saturday which broke my neck, financially. It's a sad fact that I'm facing dark times, which is why I cannot look forward to the springtime and summer because it will bring even more sorrows to my life.

Luna and Lily are doing fine, but it worries me how to pay future vet bills. They deserve a better life than this!