Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sunny's Doing Well & Pearl's Now Doing Much Better!!!:Latest SKY Update 6-17-09

I hope she feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx_Luver View Post
    I hope she feels better.
    Thanks. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I just wish that we had tried the Metamucil and Forti Flora after I took her in on Wed. instead of trying the Peptobismol thing first because then she'd probably be almost back to normal by now.
    That is more than annoying, could have saved Pearl more than a few days of suffering and you of worrying. Anyhow, here's hoping all goes well from now and Pearl is feeling better very soon.
    Prayers continuing.

I just wish that we had tried the Metamucil and Forti Flora after I took her in on Wed. instead of trying the Peptobismol thing first
    Yes Tracey, that would have been a good idea, but at least Pearl is now getting better, it seems. I hope she'll be back to normal very soon and you can stop worrying.

Lots of positive throghts.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Chris and Randi. So far I haven't seen any more pancakes in the boxes but I'll know more in the next day or two.

Hopefully, the Forti Flora will start working right away. It sure did the trick w/Puddy. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I hope, as well, things are improving! Prayers continue...

Thanks Mary and Pinot's Mom. So far so good. When I cleaned the litter boxes tonight I didn't find any pancakes. I only found formed stools. Since Pearl was fasted for 24 hours she may not poop until tomorrow though. I guess I shouldn't get too excited just yet. I feel very confident that the combo of the Mutamucil and the Forti Flora will do the trick.

Excellent! The Forti Flora must taste good, too, because Puddy was very picky, wouldn't eat canned food at all and I was concerned about her turning up her nose at it but I sprinkled it right on her dry food and she loved it and didn't have any more problems in that area. I sure hope it all stabilizes for Pearl now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I have been away for some days and so I did not really read this up to now.
    I am glad to hear that you had Pearl fasting for 24 hrs (I am sure- SHE is not glad ) - this did the trick with Filou when he had bad diarrhea last year. With Tigris most of the time 12 hrs were enough *phew*.

Sending all my best wishes to the little girl.

Prayers continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks Mary and Pinot's Mom. So far so good. When I cleaned the litter boxes tonight I didn't find any pancakes. I only found formed stools. Since Pearl was fasted for 24 hours she may not poop until tomorrow though. I guess I shouldn't get too excited just yet. I feel very confident that the combo of the Mutamucil and the Forti Flora will do the trick.
    Fingers and paws crossed,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

did Pearl's vet get back back to you yet? how is Pearl now?

Tracey, I sure hope that Pearl is much better. We worry ourselves sick over these babies of ours.

Thanks everyone. Well now I'm still seeing some mushy poos in pancake form again. I'm assuming that it's Pearl even though I haven't seen her using the litter box. The poops don't look as bad as before because they're a little more formed. I think that the Metamucil may be too much fiber for her system so tomorrow I'm going to try just giving her the Forti Flora. I know that if I eat too much fiber then I'll also get diarrhea. I'm trying not to panic just yet and I sure don't want to have to bring her back to my vet again. I'm just going to sit back and be patient because she's acting normally. Please continue to with prayers and positive thoughts. Thanks.