Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PetTalk Meeting 2002?

Hey Kayann and Sarah,,don't feel bad! Just like Stacy, although I live in a house with my mom, and I'm 1/2 century old...mom still wants me to call if I'm going out late or coming home late. Even when I'm out with my friends and we all head home, we ALL call each other to say we got home! Don't take it as being young or as an insult! As you get older you'll realize it's kinda neat to have people care so much, (not check up) about your safety! You both sound mature. If this happens, I'll also be more than happy to talk to your folks and take you under my wing. I'm sure it'll be like having 50 mothers..just what you need huh?

BosMom, sounds good to me, you are only about an hour away K9KarenI lives in PA too so let's think about it Thelma and Louise hit the road or something Fun to think about anyway and my grandson is in TX too But I have a brother in San Diego and meeting Jackie would be great so I'm up for West Coast too Let's face it...I'm just anxious to meet such wonderful people but oh my goodness What a crew
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Putting in my two cents. Was thinking about Palm Springs, California. Palm Springs is close to the Arizona folks, the California folks, don't know about how far Texas is. Palm Springs is on the border to Arizona in the southeastern part of California. There is a nice hotel that welcomes furkids, I believe cats or dogs and is quite reasonable. There is a big grassy park in the back of the hotel. Palm Springs does have an enclosed large Dog Park for large dogs and a small enclosed park for small dogs. There is a sky tram that you can ride from the desert floor to the top of the mountains. There are many restaurants reasonable to expensive. The airport is not far from the hotel. There is a huge, huge outlet mall about 15 or 20 minutes from the hotel. They have desert safaris that you can take riding out in jeeps. No matter when you decide or where you decide you should think about Spring Break, I don't know what it is in the East but the kids really go all out for it here with partying and drinking sometimes brawls.
    April and May is a good time usually in the desert, it can get some hot but it's so dry you don't really feel it.
    Anyway, just a thought!!!
    Jackie
    P.S. The pictures of the hotel was in my post when I posted pictures from our vacation we took in October.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

I've been to Palm Springs a few times. I like it but always try to avoid the college partying scene there. Hehe kinda ironic since I'm in college myself I guess. It is a pretty long drive for me. Maybe I could carpool with some Texans and pick up Angel and Tonya on the way?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly that sounds good to me! Palm Springs is only 4 hours from me. I used to drive out to LA every month. Very easy drive from here.... not sure how it is all the way from Texas but it should just be straight across on I 10.

I've driven past that HUGE outlet mall outside of the Springs but never got a chance to stop Maybe this time we can !

I think this really sounds like fun!!! I would need to fly to the meeting place. I would be a real chicken to drive!!! Any idea when this would happen?

I would prefer flying too if it was far away. I actually think flying would be safer than trying to drive groggy. But I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to take my dogs. I am dying for you all to meet them!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

We would have no problem going to Palm Springs however I don't want to interfer with whatever you all think is better for all of you. Maybe you should take a vote on which site would work out the best. That would be the first step. Then the next step would be to take a vote on the month that would be best. I think you have to start from scratch here to see who may come and who can't come. Reservations for hotels should be made way ahead of time, and you can always cancel in case of emergency about 24 hours before arrival.
    Jackie

Another Califorina Voice - I'm near Los Angeles, and could be there if we meet in CA or in AZ. Also, I'm going to be in Florida in the middle part of March 2002 visiting family, so if the FLA bunch gets together --- So, put me on the list if possible!

P.S. My cats will come along only if its for a group nap!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

O.K. Let's organize a little. Everyone who thinks they could make it to either and would prefer, lets vote.

TEXAS......PALM SPRINGS....ARIZONA

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Aly I'm with you, I'd like to avoid the college partyin' scene. (We must be the only kollege kidz who aren't into that...)

**depending on dates of course**
    TEXAS--DEFINITELY!
    ARIZONA--DEFINITELY!
    Palm Springs--a strong possibility!

For Me it would be

PALM SPRINGS

Jackie

Az. would be good BUT Palm Springs!! Texas ok also. I think it would be fun to go to Palm Springs.

Would this be for a spring-time date? Are folks still thinking of a Mid-West one this summer?

Withholding my vote so as not to unduly influence anything ...
    I've Been Frosted

Probably another thing to vote on is the month. Someone else can tell when spring break is I think it is usually the middle of April here. Palm Springs would probably be nice in May or early June. After that too hot in Palm Springs.

Vote on Month

April.....May.....June