Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5 weeks old

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    I'm open to any of them really (though what QueenScoopalot scared me a little with the polydactyls...), I just would like to hear from more of the cat people what they think would be the best match. As I said above, Sushi is about 9 months old and Kirin is about 8 months. And don't forget I have a soon-to-be 3 year old dog, too. She varies between 50-55 lbs. Will your kitty be okay with that?
    Don't be scared of what I said, just something to be aware of. I've had many polys come through here, and all you need is a good pair of nail clippers for kitties and to keep an eye on those (possible) extra claws. Not all polydactyls have claws between toes.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Samantha Puppy,

The kitten will be fine with the dog because she's young and will grow up with him and adapt. She'll probably tease the hell out of him too, but that's the fun part of having a kitten.

Either female is a great match. I fed them some more Iams canned kitten food mixed with KMR. The littlest one, Sassie went to town on it. So did Sophie. Reilly on the otherhand (the grey male) is still a boob man (mama's boy). But it's early yet. Another week or so and they'll all be weaned.

Sophie is the fluffy black one (normal feet I think). Oh, take both, will ya??? They're small. Even I can't choose between the two girls!!!! They'll be good company for each other!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

once in a great while if there is an inner claw between the double paws it may need to be amputated. That is the ONLY time declawing should be done!

I hope you take the little mite. I'm a sucker for poly's; I had poly kittens two summers in a row and none for two years.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I think I can convince my husband to get one more, but I know he won't go for two! I would in a heartbeat though! *sigh*

Val said that you made a great match with Doogie, so I trust you to make a great match for me as well... They're all adorable... I wish I *could* take two! Reilly is adorable, but a fluffy little girl would be nice... I don't know! Will they all keep their blue eyes?

Since we are talking about arranging a transport to the Maryland area I want to find out a little bit more about the boys.

I already have 2 males and 2 females, so I think another male would probably be easier to introduce to the hoard.

I can assure you that my furry ones are thoroughly spoiled, fixed, and restricted to the indoors (except in a harness)...

All kittens are born with blue eyes, then they change. But not sure when. If you'd like the little girl, I'd recommend either one. Sophie is softer and fluffier than Sassie. But Sassie is the one with the 7 toes. I guess it depends on what kind of fur you prefer. If it were me, I'd take Sophie.

I knew Doogie would be a good match because of his laid back temperment. When he first got here, MooShoo had Doogie on his back as if he was saying, "Yo Dude, she's MY purson, got it?? I run the show around here, got it???" Doogie was looking at him like, "Everything's cool man!!" That was it! He just fits in anywhere!! It was the best decision I ever made!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Cute story about MooShoo and Doogie! I can just see it now.

Okay. I'll take Sophie. One obstacle down, transport to go!

Okay. I'll take Sophie
    Cool!!!

We've got a couple of weeks to set the transport in place.

Sweeeeeet...

I think I may have to find a Japanese name so Sophie matches Sushi and Kirin. Oooooh, can't wait!

Me either!

Donna, did you get a chance to look at my earlier post??

ETS

Donna - I have SOOO enjoyed this birth, delivery and now precious follow-up pictures. If I were your neighbor - I would be at your house

Hey Debbie,

Come on down!!! I DO believe in EVEN numbered cats, ya know! You only have 5. How about another one to make it an even 6??

Emily_the_Spoiled,

I'm so sorry, I didn't till just now! Well, I've got 2 boys and a girl left. Duncan is black with specks of white on his ears and legs. Reilly is a beautiful, fluffy grey boy with the 7 toes on his front feet, and 5 toes on his rear feet. Take your pick, girlfriend!!! Maryland is near Washington, right? I told you I'm geographically challenged.

Originally posted by moosmom
    Maryland is near Washington, right? I told you I'm geographically challenged.
    DC is right in between Maryland and Virginia, only about 45 minutes away from me.