Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whos dogs are from petstores?

I got both of my dogs from BYB, thank god we havent had any bad experiences but we tried a well known rescue home near me and they didn't seem bothered to help so we opted for a puppy both times, The rescue home didnt seem too bothered in helping us find a dog each time we went there so we gave up in the end.

I think if I ever got another dog it would either be from a well known breeder or a adopted dog from a rescue but its pettalk that has made me think of adopting the next dog I will get!

AW! WHO WOULD EVER ABANDON HUNEY! That is so sad. .sarah I can't wait to see you great dane!

nope, my fammily has been into dogs a long time, and my moms side is full of breeders, so I have always known better, as have my parents etc..

Happy is from a sport breeder, terrable lyer that breeder is but there are no red flags at all untill you get to know her, she keeps in touch with all her puppy buyers etc.. contract, spay/neuter, etc.. it was not until Happy was around 2 years old that any bad breeder signs started to show up at all.

Ripley and perky are from the humane society

Blair is from the same breeder as Happy, we did not buy him though he was given to us for free.

Misty is from a cattle ranch in weyburn, they were planning to just spay Tia(Mistys mom) but the ladys cousin who works his border collie on a commercial cattle ranch, saw Tia work and wanted 2 Tia x Sweep pups, so they bred Tia for him, he picked his 2 puppys and the rest went to working farms, exept Misty, who was perfect for what we wanted. Tia is now spayed.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Not mine. All three came from the shelter.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

None of my dogs came from pet stores. My first rabbit came from a pet store. My mom and I went in to get some supplies for my cockatiel and we found a rabbit with a bum leg being sold. We knew he needed vet care and a special home so we took him. The owner of the pet store was trying to tell us there was nothing wrong with him, but it was obvious there was.

Someday (years down the road, I want to have kids first) I hope to open a pet store of my own. I want the pet store to also be a small animal rescue & adoption center, for birds, rabbits, rodents, and small reptiles. I also want to get cats from high-kill shelters and adopt them out. I wouldn't have them in cages, I'll have a large room with cat trees and beds for the cats to stay in until the become adopted. I'd also invite dog rescue organizations to come and adopt dogs out. I would never sell pets, just adopt rescued pets to good homes. I'll probably lose more money than I'll make, but it's my dream.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I adopted Sierra from a GSD rescue after finding her on PetFinder.
    Buddy I saved from a Kill shelter after he was dumped in the woods.
    Who in their right mind could dump this face off in the woods!??!?
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Both of my girls were rescues. My first girl was an owner surrender (I knew someone who knew someone who was moving and couldn't take the dog-how lucky for me!), and Ginger was from Animal Relief Fund Rescue in Maryland.

Nope! My parents were both well educated on that stuff, they had gone through it growing up themselves. My mom's beloved golden was from a BYBer and had to be jacked up on a drug to keep her from having sesures and had to have reocurring tumors on her head removed all the time. Other than that they had gotten farm dogs mostly good and my grandma and grandpa;s first dog was a 1/2 Akita names Lucy they rescued when they lived in Japan all the way back in the 60s. Her picture belongs in a book, she was the typical japenese mix, beautiful and smart as a whip.
    My stepdad went through multiple horrible neurotic pet store/farm dogs growing up and just wanted a mutt, preferably one that natural selection would have made smart and healthy.
    Clark was from a rescue, Layla and Niņo from the same shelter, a VERY good one www.anticruelty.org over 100 years old.
    Oslo was from a very reputable breeder in Minnesota.
    Tigger was from a nasty litte pet store but it is REALLY hard to find healthy Schneider's skinks around here, there wasn't ONE at the giant herp converntion/show this year. There have been like 2 in petsmart ever and I only know of one breeder in this country, they are very agressive and hard to breed, most of the rest (probably including Tigger) are wildcaught.

Niņo & Eliza

Samantha- I found a ad in the paper for Aussie mix puppies. The puppies mother had been ran over. I felt really badly about her mom,so I decided I wanted give her a home.

The Shih Tzu puppy I am getting. I found an ad online. A lady got two Shih Tzu from a person was not taking care of them. After she brought them home, she found out the female was pregnant. She was trying find a home for the puppies.