Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do your dogs sleep?

Onna BigBed, Fur Sure!

We're a Wun BigBed Fambly !

Before SmokeMutt got dopted into the Klan, Dad, me, an Boots da Kat shared da BigBed wiff a lil room left ober. Furst nite Smokey moved up frumma basement, he wus eyin da bed aftur we 3 got in...
    **FLUMMP** an he'z onna pile, too!

Sed da Kat! Since then da Kat duzint spend much tyme onna pile - he'd rather sprawl onna bookcase headboard an dangle hiz Tail in Dad's facebonez!

*Loadin* da BigBed is down to a science. Whilst Dad is powderin hiz noze inna baffroom, Smoke an me pre-warm da bed - take turnz who getz da pillow. Dad showz up an we get off an he getz bout 10 sekunds ta get *in* an claim his half an fluff da blankie. I jump up an get settled on hiz feetz.

Smoke is suppozed ta *wait* till Dad openz da udder side of da blankie - hiz spot. Dad sez "OK" an Smoke goez AirBorne - giant *leap* over Dad; tuckz hiz feets up; an iz suppozed ta land on his spot next to Dad...

"Uggggg!" frum Dad meanz he jumped a lil short an landed ON Dad.
    "YeLLLp!" from Smoke meanz he jumped a lil Looonnng, bounced offa edge, an hit da wall .
    THAT requires a dash round da bed anna repeat jump.

Aftur Smoke "hitz da spot", he spoonz up next ta Dad, tuckz hiz lil hedbone unner Dad's chin, an getz covered wiffa blankie. Dad luvz it! Smokey's crew-kut fur letz him *radiate* heet like a lil furnace - Dad offin flipz ober ta warm hiz backside against da lil furry *radiator*.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

My first dog ALWAYS slept on my bed, we got him when i was 10 years old and he was a pup. It didn't matter how small my bed was either Blackie was a mutt and was maybe 25 lbs so he fit nicely.

Juneau, on the other hand, Somebody must have taught him to stay off the furniture because he doesn't like to sleep on my bed, altho since the EX is sleeping upstairs now, I am teaching juneau to sleep on my bed MUAHAH
    also last night i encouraged the dog to get up on the EXes LEATHER COUCH

MUAHAHHA!!!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Re: Onna BigBed, Fur Sure!

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    We're a Wun BigBed Fambly !

Aftur Smoke "hitz da spot", he spoonz up next ta Dad, tuckz hiz lil hedbone unner Dad's chin, an getz covered wiffa blankie. Dad luvz it! Smokey's crew-kut fur letz him *radiate* heet like a lil furnace - Dad offin flipz ober ta warm hiz backside against da lil furry *radiator*.
    This is exactly the routine for Tucker and me. If he gets too hot in the middle of the night, he will pop out to a dog bed situated right aside of the bed, but most of the time by morning he is back inside the covers again. I think I must lift the covers in my sleep. Hannah is on top of the covers, somewhere slapped up against her Dad. It can be nearly impossible to rearrange the blankets with her 30 pounds weighing them down.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Re: Re: Onna BigBed, Fur Sure!

Originally posted by Rachel
    It can be nearly impossible to rearrange the blankets with her 30 pounds weighing them down.

I keep extra blankets beside the bed just in case of such a thing.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

WOW- aren't cats GRAND! And small, and easy to move..he he he..

Originally posted by Cataholic
    WOW- aren't cats GRAND! And small, and easy to move..he he he..
    Not my cats. Fluffy sleeps on your head and if you try to move her you get the back claws in the top of your head.
    Hold your head high.
    The light in your eyes.
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Originally posted by Andie

Not my cats. Fluffy sleeps on your head and if you try to move her you get the back claws in the top of your head.

Ooops...how not nice of Fluffy!

All 5 of our Min Pins sleep[ on the bed with us. We even bought a king size bed so we have more room.

i am considering getting a queen or bigger bed, it's a mite crowded. alex the wonder dog will try to stake out a spot close to the pillow so he can lick my fingers a bit, sometimes he will doze off with his head on my hand. duke likes to roll on the blanket then stand up to paw the blankets just so for him before he lays down to sleep on his side. he will sometimes bring his favorite woobie with him. the meows, being heat seeking missles, have found that fitting in between me and the dogs is the ideal spot. when i have a 'power surge' all critters off the bed! then everyone finds a place on one of the several beds or old comforters on the floor. duke favors a blanket in front of the door and alex often lays on the bed in the corner. the cats, wait a bit, then sneak back on. (when i've dozed off watching tv in the recliner, alex and the cats have laid on my lap and chest, duke can't make the leap)
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Originally posted by Cataholic

Ooops...how not nice of Fluffy!
    Isn't it nice of her though I gladly gave her to my lil bro to sleep with after we got Katie.
    Hold your head high.
    The light in your eyes.
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Re: Re: Onna BigBed, Fur Sure!

Originally posted by Rachel

It can be nearly impossible to rearrange the blankets with her 30 pounds weighing them down.
    LOL! We go through that with Sadie, but she weighs 60 lbs!!!

Cinder and Smoke- Sounds like you got your dad trained just right!

Mike-Love the mental image of all the dogs in, on and around the bed! What a party!

Buddy usually sleeps somewhere downstairs... Or in the kitchen

Misty usually sleeps with me because she jumps up in the middle of the night...sometimes she will drag a blanket off and put it in her bed..but when shes really tired she sleeps in her bed all night..but when i wake up at 6:00 she is up lickity split!

We bought mIsty a comfy dog house for her, but she never slept in it. She always took the cats' boxes and baskets. So finally I had to put them up high where Misty couldn't reach and now Misty sleeps in her dog house.

with me

we have a strange situation. the dog sleeps with me. always. and the cat sleeps on the dog bed next to the bed.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin