Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Geraldo had the mom, dad and the spawn on his show.

The interview starts.

Child is eating jelly beans on mom's lap.

G asks the mom some question, then asks the dad, "what did you think when your wife told you what happened?"

Dad: "What did you do now?"

Hmmmmmmm....

Jelly beans run out.

Kid starts to squirm. Mom passes kid off to dad, who is holding a book in his hand, probably to calm the kid down.

Geraldo is laughing at the kid's antics and asks the cameraman to get shots of the 'spawn' in action.

The last shot I saw was of the dad still sitting down in his chair, holding on to the monster's arm, to keep him from running off.
    And????

So where is the part where the kid is being bad? As far as I can tell the child is being a 2 year old. I am with you on the whole punishment thing.... but you wouldn't get a puppy and expect it to not be a puppy would you? Or a kitten and expect it not to be a kitten? you cannot expect a 2 year old to amuse himself all the time. I think seeing the child on an adult talk show is a poor way to judge the childs behaviour and I highly doubt that even with your mothers stern punishment that you were never fidgety at that age. So you stick a kid on an adult show where NO ONE is talking to him, he has NOTHING to do, and expect him to sit perfectly still and quiet? HAHAHAHAHAHA I don't even have kids yet and I know that's a pipe dream lol.

From what you say the child was not screaming, yelling, throwing a tantrum etc etc. he was being squirmy and didn't want to sit still any longer without something to keep him entertained.... pretty normal 2 year old behaviour and no amount of spanking, yelling, or other punishment is going to make a 2 year old sit still without ANYTHING for him to keep his curious mind occupied.

Heck.... most adults can't sit still without something to keep them occupied lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    And????

So where is the part where the kid is being bad?

Hmmm, I didn't mention bad. I did say the kid was spawn tho!

Maybe it's the way I have been raised. I hate to bring race and animals into this.

Raised in a Mexican family we were brought up to sit quietly, behave and not heard-I cannot tell you how many people commented my mother on having a 'conga line' of well behaved twerps following her. At that time I didn't think anything about it. But. I am sure glad my mom didn't mollycoddle any of us and I am glad she was a believer of corporal punishment.

It is possible to have a 2 year old sit quietly, It just depends on what you put in your pipe.

To this day I don't have to sit on a lap, eat jelly beans and squirm until my dad has to hold on to me to keep me from running off.

The Dog Whisperer has touched on a very interesting method in his dog training. Dogs pick up on the excitement/stress of the owners. I have been able to rein in my brothers dogs by not getting all jacked up when they get antsy.

First of all, a two year old is old enough to be sitting in his own chair, quietly.

This frigging yo-yo was probably jacking up the kid days before the trip.

WE ARE GOING BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE!

Then,

ON TV, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!

Just like Cesar Milan and his dog training methods -Dogs pick up the stress and nerves of their owners, Ergo, Kids pick up on the stupidity of their parents.

Oh, The Yo-Yo wants two more kids.

I memorized her face, so it I ever get stuck on an airplane with that AH, I'll save the F.A. the pain of telling her kid to shut up-

I'll do it myself.

Amen to that, Richard! I was shopping in Michaels one time and you could hear this kid screaming all over the store. Mother and grandmother were with him. He was about 2 1/2 years old. I approached them and mentioned the screaming. Mother starts whining about him being "just a baby" and all. I told her that he was plenty old enough to know how to behave indoors and that if he wasn't, one of them could have taken him outside so that the rest of us could shop in peace. Funny how they say it takes a village to raise a child but only want to apply that when it suits them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Amen to that, Richard! I was shopping in Michaels one time and you could hear this kid screaming all over the store.
    Hot glue gun and some twine.

Are you channelling Hillary Clinton?

----------

I need to qualify a statement.

Mexican parents are usually Catholic.
    Most of them have a crap load of kids.

When that happens the good ones teach their kids to be well behaved.

Why?

Can you imagine chasing after 6 misbehaving kids?

Good post Sparks. I am a lot more tolerant of a two year old acting like a two year old than I am of an eight year old acting like a two year old. There is a difference.

Richard, with all due respect, I am sure you were a model child but I doubt that your memory goes back to when you were two. That is why they are called the Terrible Twos. It is part of a child's development and totally natural.

Believe me I have seen lots of ill behaved children in many different places. I cut the mom some slack when the child is very young because I remember what it was like when my own were that small (and no, I was not a pushover mom).

The problem I believe in this case is entirely with the flight attendant. She lied to the pilot, claiming that the mom threatened her, a threat that none of the passengers back up. She needs to find a new career away from the public. I think she'd make a nice prison guard.

Hot glue gun and some twine.
    LMAO!

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    I told her that he was plenty old enough to know how to behave indoors and that if he wasn't, one of them could have taken him outside so that the rest of us could shop in peace. Funny how they say it takes a village to raise a child but only want to apply that when it suits them.
    wow, I couldn't agree more. well put

But what is the cost of getting the crap beaten out of you so you will shut up? Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?

Hmmm, I didn't mention bad. I did say the kid was spawn tho!

Maybe it's the way I have been raised. I hate to bring race and animals into this.

Raised in a Mexican family we were brought up to sit quietly, behave and not heard-I cannot tell you how many people commented my mother on having a 'conga line' of well behaved twerps following her. At that time I didn't think anything about it. But. I am sure glad my mom didn't mollycoddle any of us and I am glad she was a believer of corporal punishment.

It is possible to have a 2 year old sit quietly, It just depends on what you put in your pipe.

To this day I don't have to sit on a lap, eat jelly beans and squirm until my dad has to hold on to me to keep me from running off.

The Dog Whisperer has touched on a very interesting method in his dog training. Dogs pick up on the excitement/stress of the owners. I have been able to rein in my brothers dogs by not getting all jacked up when they get antsy.

First of all, a two year old is old enough to be sitting in his own chair, quietly.

This frigging yo-yo was probably jacking up the kid days before the trip.

WE ARE GOING BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE, BYE BYE ON THE PLANE!

Then,

ON TV, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!, WE ARE GOING ON T.V.!

Just like Cesar Milan and his dog training methods -Dogs pick up the stress and nerves of their owners, Ergo, Kids pick up on the stupidity of their parents.

Oh, The Yo-Yo wants two more kids.

I memorized her face, so it I ever get stuck on an airplane with that AH, I'll save the F.A. the pain of telling her kid to shut up-

I'll do it myself.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    But what is the cost of getting the crap beaten out of you so you will shut up? Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?
    From my experience, any negative reaction at all to children makes people monsters. And for the record, I've praised both parents and their kids when I've seen them behaving nicely. I tell them it's a pleasure because it is so rare these days.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Will you grow up to be an angry old grouch that calls children monsters?
    but children are monsters!
    Last edited by ratdogg81; 07-15-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: i italicized the wrong word.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    That is why they are called the Terrible Twos. It is part of a child's development and totally natural.
    Methinks Pam.........that a few of the posters here have never had that experience.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Wow. Unbelievable. The child is TWO ... not twelve. And they were on a flight that was delayed for TWELVE hours. I most certainly would not have been that cheerful after sitting in an airport for twelve hours! Sounds like a pretty darn GOOD two year old to me! He wasn't crying, wasn't throwing a tantrum ... he was just saying good bye to the plane. I'm POSITIVE he would have stopped in a few more minutes.

I've sat by people on planes who have snored, snorted, talked endlessly about their grandpa's colonostomy, their wife's affair or their aunt's bunions, tried to sell me life insurance, tried to get me to go on a date with them, had gas or stinky feet. I've been on planes with children who cried and SCREAMED for an ENTIRE cross-country flight. It's called PUBLIC transportation for a reason ... you are riding with the PUBLIC. People are annoying, loud, smelly, stupid, etc. at times, adults and children alike. If you can't put in earplugs, put on an iPod and pretend to sleep .. you probably should take your own private car on a trip next time.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

LOL, I have been thinking this same thought for days! Give me a typical two year old, which develops into a lovely person, tolerant of others any day!

Solemn little obedient robot-kids give me the creeps. Are they drugged? Cowed? Counting the years until they can get their hands on a weapon? (That's the ultimate logical sequel of Might Makes Right - It's All In The Hardware.) Spoiled shrieklings drive me nuts, but the ones who've Learned Their Lesson out-and-out scare me.

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogg81
    but children are monsters!

"I'm Back !!"