Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania School Shooting :(

1. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Ai Dios!

Guns do not kill people.....

Bullets and idiots, do.

I have three pistols and a bunch of guns that have never gone out and wanted to kill anyone.

I am for gun control.

Gettting a gun should be as hard, or harder than buying a house.

Then I guess our relationship is over..... I don't go to house with guns. It is just too, too dangerous....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Then I guess our relationship is over..... I don't go to house with guns. It is just too, too dangerous....

Our house has guns.... Please explain to me what makes my house dangerous.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    Our house has guns.... Please explain to me what makes my house dangerous.

Good Luck! guns

ES, Depends on which stats you are using.

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html

look at the DOJ list. Using the DOJ stats Johns Hopkins is off by a factor of 10.

You can site a million studies on both sides of the gun issue. Fact is that a house with a gun is no more dangerous than one without, it all depends on the people in the house. I am in favor of gun control, but I do believe that people should be permitted to own guns. I stand by my previous statement that if guns were outlawed then only criminals would have them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    ES, Depends on which stats you are using.

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html

look at the DOJ list. Using the DOJ stats Johns Hopkins is off by a factor of 10.

Sort of like quoting scriptures, isn't it? You can find something to prove whatever point you want.

I am sure I will not be shot by a gun kept in the house if I am in a house with no gun. I cannot be sure I won't be shot by a gun in a house with a gun in it.

And please, spare me the guns don't kill people, people do....people with GUNS do....or children who pick up a gun...or someone shooting out the window on New Year's Day..or...or..or

I told Mike he had to choose between owning a gun and marrying me because I will not have a gun in my house...however, I am not going to tell someone who legally has a gun that they can't have one, as long as it is properly secured. When Mike was married to his first wife, he had a gun cabinet and multiple guns, but, the kids never got near it under the penalty of severe punishment and it was locked and the kids didn't know where the key was.

Now, sounding like I'm backpedaling here...the Bill of Rights does NOT give the average Joe the right to own a gun. It says in the 2nd Amendment that the MILITIA has the right to bear arms, but, the Supreme Court has muddled that one quite nicely.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Veering back to the original topic, I'm been thinking about the girls who survived and how they will cope with everything they saw and experienced. Yes, they belong to a close-knit and very supportive community that will help them greatly. But, will that community know how to deal with the kind of psychological damage this trauma will have caused? I know next to nothing about the Amish, so I don't know - will they allow these children to see professional counselors or pschologists? Will they assume that their faith will heal them and they need no other help?

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    You can site a million studies on both sides of the gun issue. Fact is that a house with a gun is no more dangerous than one without, it all depends on the people in the house. I am in favor of gun control, but I do believe that people should be permitted to own guns. I stand by my previous statement that if guns were outlawed then only criminals would have them.

You must be kidding. Same goes with pools in the back yard, trampolines in the yard, open stairwells, etc. The house/structure IS more dangerous by the existance of such an attractive nuisance. While that might not mean something WILL happen, the very existence of these items raises the danger quota over a home that doesn't have such items.

In my house, no one will EVER be accidently shot with a gun. I forbid, and will continue to forbid, guns in my house. I also do not go to houses with guns. I would not let my son play, sleep over, or visit a house that has guns.

If only criminals have guns, good. I will try my best to steer clear of criminals, too.

The entire community will need counseling if what I heard on the news is true and I'm sure it is.

There is a group of "war protesters" from Kansas who make it their sole purpose in life to protest funerals. They usually just protest military funerals so I was surprised to see them already in PA protesting where these innocent children were butchered.

They aren't protesting that the children were killed, they seem to think it's just punishment for the US being in the IRAQ war??? They are supposidly a "Baptist" group of some sort. I know of no Baptist church that will claim them myself!!! They are a bunch of nuts in my opinion.

When they protested recently at one of the funerals of one of the military men killed in Iraq at one of our nearby towns; the towns people ringed the area with American flags so the family of the soldier couldn't see them.

I'm not a violent person but these people make me sick. They are a disgrace to Christians every where (how they can even claim to be Christians is beyond me) and I'm ashamed they are from my state!!!

I guess some people will use any excuse to show thier ignorance!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    You must be kidding. Same goes with pools in the back yard, trampolines in the yard, open stairwells, etc. The house/structure IS more dangerous by the existance of such an attractive nuisance. While that might not mean something WILL happen, the very existence of these items raises the danger quota over a home that doesn't have such items.

In my house, no one will EVER be accidently shot with a gun. I forbid, and will continue to forbid, guns in my house. I also do not go to houses with guns. I would not let my son play, sleep over, or visit a house that has guns.

If only criminals have guns, good. I will try my best to steer clear of criminals, too.
    My house has a gun, and it is absolutely not more dangerous than a house w/out guns. Why? Because we do not keep bullets in the house. (Or for rifles are they called shells? Not sure on that) My husband is a hunter, but only buys the bullets when he hunts. The bullets never enter the house. He still keeps his guns locked up. My father, who also used to hunt, treated guns the same way. Growing up I knew he hunted, I knew his guns were locked up, and I knew that the bullets never entered the house. I believe it depends on how the guns are treated. I think you might be surprised by how many people you know that have guns in their houses - I certainly was!

Just want to edit to say - I don't like guns personally, I don't ever want one, never want to hunt, never want to use one at all. I have never liked guns. But, I believe that people should be permitted to own them through legal means.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    The entire community will need counseling if what I heard on the news is true and I'm sure it is.

There is a group of "war protesters" from Kansas who make it their sole purpose in life to protest funerals. They usually just protest military funerals so I was surprised to see them already in PA protesting where these innocent children were butchered.

They aren't protesting that the children were killed, they seem to think it's just punishment for the US being in the IRAQ war??? They are supposidly a "Baptist" group of some sort. I know of no Baptist church that will claim them myself!!! They are a bunch of nuts in my opinion.

When they protested recently at one of the funerals of one of the military men killed in Iraq at one of our nearby towns; the towns people ringed the area with American flags so the family of the soldier couldn't see them.

I'm not a violent person but these people make me sick. They are a disgrace to Christians every where (how they can even claim to be Christians is beyond me) and I'm ashamed they are from my state!!!

I guess some people will use any excuse to show thier ignorance!!!
    You have got to be kidding me.....those people are actually going to protest the funerals of children?? As if that community doesn't have enough to deal with already How sad.

I wouldn't be surprised by who keeps guns in their houses. I have a pretty good idea who does/who doesn't(of the people I know). I have 4 brothers. None of them hunts, none of them owns a gun. My father doesn't own a gun. None of my friends owns a gun. I wouldn't date someone that owns a gun, nor, would I let that gun into my home.

I just don't remember anyone on the news, after a tragic "accident", saying, "Yeah, the guns were just laying around, bullets right next to them". Seems it is ALWAYS, "Guns were locked up! Kids NEVER touched them before! Bullets were 'hidden'"!

Everyone is different, and has different views on guns. I have a very strong dislike of guns. Very strong. It only got stronger with the addition of Jonah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Everyone is different, and has different views on guns. I have a very strong dislike of guns. Very strong. It only got stronger with the addition of Jonah.
    I can understand that - I am uncomfortable around guns myself....and who knows how I will feel after having kids myself? I may change my mind entirely.

No guns for me

I will not have a gun in my house. I have shot a gun, years ago, for target practice. I didn't enjoy it and decided then never to own a gun. I think they are not necessary except for hunting. You don't need an AK47 to hunt animals.

I hate guns.