Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Posting Video on PT Tutorial

Can someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE help me get a video onto here???? The movie maker thing will not import my file.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Cass, is your original file in .mov format? If so, go here and download and follow the instructions to get it into .avi format. Then you will be able to import it into Windows Movie Maker.

Hope this helps - let me know if it doesn't.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Actually it was already in AVI format, but the MM wouldn't open it for some reason. I downloaded the new one and now it works fine. Check out my first video I posted in Pet General, about my sparrow.

Thanks SO much for this tutorial!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Thanks so much for the directions! I now have the ear song video posted in dog general.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I've made a video!

My old camera did video clips and I thought I'd lost them all when I had my hard disk failure, but I found a copy! I'm glad I haven't lost them.

I have followed these excellent instructions very carefully and I hope you are all able to see the results. There is a bit of "snow" on the video which wasn't there before, so I don't know what caused that, but I hope it doesn't detract from your viewing enjoyment.

The video shows Sam and Daisy wrestling. Don't blink or you'll miss it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bumping this up again .

I now have a camera that takes quite clear sharp videos and i am at a loss as how to share them, i am using win98 at the moment and i have VideoImpressions software that i need to reinstall hopefully that will work. I have some cute videos aswell.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

How are you getting the pictures to flash as a sideshow?

I have XP Pro and I have Windows Movie Maker on here too, and I started fiddling with it, and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to make pictures into a little slideshow for the user info area (like some of you have done so well) or in the signature area.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(I would put video on here, but I don't have anything shot and uploaded to our computer right now.)

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Jayna, there is a little program called "unfreeze" where you drag small gif files into it, set the speed you want them to flash at and then save it. They have to be gif files though. If you PM me with your email address, I will forward the program to you. It's small, easy and has no viruses. Or you could do a search on Google or something to find it. UnFREEZe is it's specific name.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Debbie, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I just posted my very first video of Roger and his version of Zippity Do Dah!!! All thanks to you and your great instructions!!! It's in Pet General, in case you would like to hear him!

Logan

Well thanks to kfamr I found this thread !!!! So on Monday I will try to post some of our videos. I had to disconnect my external hard drive to take it on a trip with me and it's packed so I can't find any now to try out. But soon. I posted here incase anyone else is wondering how to do this, the thread needed to be revived !!!!
    Thanks Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

11. Hmmm...I can't find the download section, and *if* I did, then it wouldn't let me download. Can some body perhaps post the link as to exactly where the download is, it would be very much appreciated!

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    Hmmm...I can't find the download section, and *if* I did, then it wouldn't let me download. Can some body perhaps post the link as to exactly where the download is, it would be very much appreciated!
    If your running XP, do a search of your hard drive and it should already be installed on your computer.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

13. What do you mean do a search of my hard drive? LOL! I'm clueless!

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    What do you mean do a search of my hard drive? LOL! I'm clueless!
    Are you running XP ?
    Sorry for the delay in responding, we were out of town.
    Go to :
    Start
    Search
    local hard drive
    type in : windows movie maker
    That's how I found it on my computer. It came with XP. I didn't have to download it.
    Katz