Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Calling all moms (and grandmoms)....

I might sound jaded but I have no faith in the government helping in making him collect. The kids' (my step kids') mother owes nearly $20,000 in arrears and all the government makes her pay towards it is $20 a month for all 3 kids. It took YEARS for us to FINALLY get the government to even get her to pay anything, and she only owes $70 a month per kid.... do the math and figure out many years she paid nothing before we could get the government to make sure she paid.

Kim I am floored almost as much as your stepdaugher! Yikes! Welcome to Grandmotherhood! (Is that a word?) Thank God you got her to a doctor early....at least I hope it's early. With twins they are often small (low birth weight) and teenage moms often deliver small babies. A teenage mom pregnant with twins is a double concern. (Pardon the pun) She will need to be advised about nutrition, etc. to insure a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

Looking down the road a bit, I imagine you will be helping out quite a bit now with two on the way. I can't even imagine the sleepless nights (getting two to stay asleep at the same time). I hope this doesn't impact you too much financially as you might need to stop working yourself in order to help with child care. I agree with the others, though, that once these little ones are here they will be worth every gray hair that will soon start popping out of your head. ((((Double hugs))))

you may want to get $$ out of him but you may rethink this if he does he has rights to them . Make sure if he wants nothing to doi with them get his rights revocked so your daughter can make all choices for them with out him screwing with any thing.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I might sound jaded but I have no faith in the government helping in making him collect. The kids' (my step kids') mother owes nearly $20,000 in arrears and all the government makes her pay towards it is $20 a month for all 3 kids. It took YEARS for us to FINALLY get the government to even get her to pay anything, and she only owes $70 a month per kid.... do the math and figure out many years she paid nothing before we could get the government to make sure she paid.

Damn!!!

Our child support guys are blood thirsty animals, but can be fair!!! The father has to keep his cool in the court house, or his % can go sky high! My dad behaved & paid 500.00/month for the 2 of us.. My uncle didn't & he had to pay 1000.00/month for 1 kid!! However he was only misbehaving cause he couldn't afford the origional rate of 300.00/month & a later judge saw that & saw how greedy the mother was & how rotten the son was becoming, he lowered it to 100.00.

In canada there is now a special law that allows the child support to tap into the father bank account & it'll auto take the money out as soon as a pay cheque goes into the account. The fathers cannot stop this, nor fight it...

Would fighting the matter with a group of single moms, help the issue? I know this method works here, just don't know about the usa.

Wow, twins!! I bet you felt a liitle like passing out yourself when you heard that. I'm sure all of you are pretty overwhelmed right now, you all will be in my thoughts.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Corinna
    you may want to get $$ out of him but you may rethink this if he does he has rights to them . Make sure if he wants nothing to doi with them get his rights revocked so your daughter can make all choices for them with out him screwing with any thing.
    But if she got full custody over them, wouldn't be out of their lives & still have to pay??

For 8 months my dad was out of our lives (not my his choice of course) & he had to pay the child support. I hope the usa isn't any diferent.

Congrats! Congrats! Wow!!! Double blessings. That is pretty awesome, really.

Congrats on the twins. I will pray for everyone.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Waiting for the ultra sound results!!!!
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

WOW Kim!
    Congratulations twice!
    You are going to be a grandmother of twins!

I just wanted to let you know that your Pet Talk family is here to help you and your family.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

You and I have already talked by PM ... but you know that I am very excited for you and your family .... DOUBLE the BLESSINGS!!! I"m here for you any way I can be. I know that everyone is still in a state of shock ... poor Ashley passing out is just awful! Once things settle in, she will be fine ... and after those babies are born, you all will wonder how you ever lived without them!

Hugs from the "other" Grammy Kim!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

When the time is closer we need to have a cyber baby shower

Well Kim I don't know what to say, your stepdaughter is very lucky to have such caring parents and she will soon learn this. Its funny but instead of feeling bad I can't help but have tears of joy for the new life, funny how nurturing kind of kicks in...this from a pro choice person...I
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

TWINS! Wow! Prayers they are both healthy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Wow, twins!! I bet you felt a liitle like passing out yourself when you heard that. I'm sure all of you are pretty overwhelmed right now, you all will be in my thoughts.
    Ditto.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!