Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sirrahsim and Boomer

It took me a while to catch up with everything that happened in this thread and I finally have some time to post.
    I'm so happy that Boomer made it safely to your house and is adjusting nicely.
    I can't wait to see more photos, I'm really happy that things went so well for him.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

YEAH for big pee biscut.
    Get you some of that Nutracal from PetSmart or your vet. I swear by it for stimulating appetites.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

This has been MOST exciting!! Debbie, you and dennis are wonderful!! Can't help but love people who love their Grandkitty enough to do this. Poor Boomer, has been through so much and came so close to being lost to us forever but now he is still in the PT family and will continue to be a part of our lives, THANKS to you and Dennis and I know your daughter will forever be grateful to you for what you have done for her fur baby.

(I have to admit, the picture of him in the kennel made me cry and final cry of RELIEF!)

WELCOME HOME BOOMER BABY!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, that kennel picture did it for me. Those eyes!!!

What a brave lil guy!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

GREAT updates! I think he is doing wonderful.

Thanks for the uppydate Debbie. Glad to hear that Boomer is settling in and I look forward to seeing more pictures.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Boomer

I just got home from work and I'm very glad to see that all is going well for Boomer. What a curageous little guy you are You did great...and it wont be long till your "meowmie and brother" are there to see you!!! the saucer eye picture also got to me.....teary eye syndrome
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

What a terrific update, Debbie!!!! Again, I say, YOU ARE TERRIFIC!!!!! Boomer is going to be just fine, I'm sure of it, and what a load off of Missy's mind. Mama's in charge now and everyone is ok!!!!

I was so anxious to get home today and get some Boomer updates! And I can't wait for the next update with pictures!!!

Boomer doesn't look too bad in those pics! He's got the wide eyes, but I'm sure everything is so different in another country!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Ready for more Boomer?

We are soooo happy that his trip is over. Folks here are the ones who made it possible. Honestly and in many ways, too! Many folks have contributed financially to "Project Boomer" and given Missy lots of encouragement and assurance that this trip WAS possible. It was VERY expensive but most of the cost of Boomer's ticket has been covered.

Many more of you have been praying, messaging and rooting for Boomer - which made the whole process so much easier. Folks have given helpful advice, a few happy words and your excitement spilled over into this thread. Some even helped us WORRY!! People here truly love pets and make our family feel we are not weird for the things we do for them - unless we are *all* weird I know I have grinned, cried and laughed over the things that have been posted - folks talking about Boomer at work, printing out pictures, making him a desktop, dreaming about his trip, making cute graphics of planes and things...and so many followed his flight!!!

Phred made many phonecalls to the airline and really helped to blast through all the red tape and confusing answers - prodding right along to get results....and turned flight day into an online adventure that so many of us enjoyed with all the updates, flight tracking and even weather and DELAY explanations! My extended family would NEVER understand the desire to transport a cat from one side of the world to another. So, PT was once again an extended - as they are to others in so many instances here and through the years.

Now - on to PICTURES!!!

I think Boomer really is doing well today! He hides under the bed some of the time - but readily comes out when we go in and sit down. He begs for chin scritches and even leaps up to the hammock by himself...

Grandpaw came in and Boomer hid for a couple minutes and back out he came...he wanted more chin and neck scratches! I did not get this pictured though...but isn't Boomer looking handsome?

Boomer kept looking up at the wall - very alert and quite sure he saw something!!

Boomer, is it this light switch?? It is NOT a bug, silly...

I picked him up but he was not too thrilled about it but sure is sweet and doesn't make a fuss about it - just looks pitiful...
    "I want DOWN!!!"

We are still taking things slowly....but for now I would say he is much more comfortable and relaxed than I ever would have hoped for only being here less than one day. The other sirrah kitties are wanting extra attention of course - and demand to smell us whenever we have been in *the room*.....but they are a friendly bunch and we are hoping to start introducing them in a few days. Hopefully there will be no flying fur or bloodshed!!

OMG Those pictures are so sweet! I am so glad that he made it through the long flight fine and that he is settling in well in your home. This thread has made my entire day! THANK YOU for bringing him into your home!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I'm so happy he's settling in.

How much does he weigh? He looks like he's a big boy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Debbie, I cannot resist - Has Boomer said anything to you in Japanese yet??

Deb: I just realized . . . Boomer should feel right at home! Isn't his new room the same exact color as Tyler's room? Or are cats color blind? LOL . . . just a thought.

I'm so glad to see Boomer is doing so well! He looks great in your new siggy! I hope he realizes what a special kitty he is!!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Hopefully there will be no flying fur or bloodshed!!
    Not to worry, the most you can expect will be hissing, growling and posturing. May I suggest allowing 1 cat into BOOMER'S room for the first meeting? Choose the most mellow. ACK...you'll do fine!

Boomer looks great!