Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great game, but a terrible half-time show!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobodeb
    HELLO!! Why the geriatric Brittish rock band?
    I highly suspect it was because Sir Paul did one, and the Stones have always followed whatever the Beatles were doing! I agree, they looked & sounded awful. I've never been a Stones fan either. But I have to admit, Mick sure can swivel. My hip-swinging days are long over!

One piece of advice to the producers of the Super Bowl halftime shows...stop trying so hard! Seems these productions are either too sugary, schmaltzy or overtly risque but always, over produced. As for this year, well, all I can say is kudos to you, Mick! There aren't many 20 year olds, let alone seniors, that could sustain that incredible energy level for all that time Now that was an aerobic workout and I was out of breath just watching him! And with those washboard abs and a full head of hair...hard to believe he's still so fit after all those years of hard "rocking"

Yeah, Satisfaction and Start Me Up certainly fit into the "classics" catagory But the 2nd song, "Rough Justice," is a new release It did sound more like "shouting" than singing from Mick...probably over compensating for the noise level, straining to be heard.

The Anthem was AWFUL! I love Arron Neville, his voice is simpy magnificent, but he appeared confused and barely into it, more like mumbling than singing! Areetha was not up to her game, either. Could have been awesome!

I grew up with the Stones too and I thought the earlier concerts were great. No, they can't sing but Mick's showmanship is great. Everytime I see Keith Richard, I think of Johnny Depp and the Pirates of the Carribean! I really get a kick out of them because they are so weird looking. Charlie Watts, Richard is recovering from throat cancer I believe. Anyway, why wasn't there a MOTOWN halftime show!? They were in the Motor City!

I've been Boooo'd!